• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I hunted on uncle's land in Rusk Co for 15 years. Last week, I got a phone call from my uncle, He just sold the land so I am forced myself to hunt on public land. Right now I am looking for land to hunt, I am looking at Rusk Co. forest land or Sawyer Co. forest land I am wonder do any of you guys hunt there? is too many hunters? a lot of atv riders? I want to hear some of you guys that have some exprienced on these land. I plans to go there for gun deer season. Thanks

There is a lot of land if you want to hunt the chequamegon national forest. i dont hunt deer in that area, but im sure it is like any other public land up north during opening weekend--you need to get out early or you will struggle to find a spot without many people around. maybe somebody can give you more specifics, but check out a chequamegon forest map for starters.

In any case be careful on hunting public lands. My sons and I were hunting county forest in Barron county for the T-Zone and had our deer cart stolen out of the back of our truck. Make sure you lock ,secure everything.I have a good idea who did it and I hope he has four spares next time we meet he'll need them.