• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Aqua-Vu Explorer

Fuzzbient

Question

I see Aqua-Vu released the new Explorer models Today that are supposed to have better low light performance. Considering that you can pick up the old models at Fleet Farm so cheap, what are your opinions on the value of these new Aqua-Vu models?

Thanks!

8 answers to this question

The key behind the new Explorer Lighting is that it uses 2 extremely high intensity White LED's but besides that they are off to the sides of the camera housing so that you don't get the particle reflecting that you normally get when the lightring is right around the camera lens.

the new aquaviews look alot like the marcum cameras that came out last year..you think that when nature vision bought out marcum last year that they also thought there cameras might have a good idea with putting the lights on top and to the sides instead of around the camera!!! Hmmmmm

gofish- THe explorer camera has been in the making for quite some time, long before they looked at buying MarCum... Actually, Aqua-Vu had the lights up higher and out to the side first...

I am however very excited to see what the 2 companies do now. They have both sets of scientists and eng working together now.

Well, I went ahead and bought one of the Aqua-Vu Explorer 5 cameras. It seems like a very nice unit. I love the ability to adjust the intensity of the headlights. I can't wait for ice to try it out. I'm hoping it will allow me to fine tune the placement of my ice shack.

I've been using the new Explorer 5 now for a few weeks and it's great. The night vision on it is amazing. I am finding that with the fertility of the water right now, if I run the headlights after dark for a longer period of time, it really attracts the little phytoplankton critters. I end up with a snowstorm in front of the cam and have to change depth or shut the lights down for a bit to clear the vision.

Adding this to my tools is really helping me get on the right spot ice fishing. Now I know if the vex lights up whether I'm sitting on bluegills, crappies, perch, or walleyes. Great camera, and I'd recommend it to anyone.