• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance power switch problem.....

Insp Gadget

Question

HELP!!

I have an x104c and I had an intermittent power switch problem last spring that seemed to go away. haven't used it in 2 months and now it wont turn on, the screen will flash like like it's going to turn on and then nothing ........ All the connections are tight, battery is new with full charge, I'm really narrowing it down to a switch problem on something else internal.

Anybody experience anything similar and have suggestions?

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Not too long ago someone here made a suggestion to take a Torx screwdriver and take the unit apart, and reseat the ribbon dable that goes to the keypad. I haven't done it myself so I don't really know what's involved, but it sounded pretty easy to do and sounds like it worked for 1 or 2 of the guys on here. Good luck getting it sorted out.

Call Lowrance before opening anything up. I would be worried about the waterproof capabilty after opening it up.

I assume its long out of warranty so I would call and see what they say. They may be able to fix it for you for a reasonable price.

I had the same problem with my Lowrance x102c. I got a Torx siz 7 and very carefully took the back off the head unit and hoping I would be able to spot what needed fixing. Well I don't have much small wiring, but I was overwhelmed when it was open. I didn't know what wire went to what or connected to what. I just ended up putting the head unit back together.

Basically I'm saying unless you know what you are doing ahead of time, don't even worry about taking it apart because you'll be in over your head. I heard their might be a marine in the Bloomington area (NOT Dan's Southside) who has a Lowrance specialty guy working there, but that is just what I heard from a friend.

Please keep us updated with what you decide to do with your unit.