• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thorne Brothers!

Shack

I know I am preaching to the coir here, but I had my first experience with Thorne Brothers and buying some musky lures today.

Man, what a place! I had the “deer in the head lights” look from the word “get go” and right after I opened the door! Bam! Musky tackle from wall to wall. More than the eye can handle! Straight up plates man grin!

From the expert to the newbie or someone who wants to pick it back up again and update some of their lures, Thorne Brothers is the place one should start. I know this is old hat for most, but after today I just had to make a thread about it grin!

It is a little bit of a drive for me and I will admit I bought some lures closer to home (impulse/had to buy something), but saved my custom Cowgirl purchases for a Thorne Brothers trip. I was approached by a couple very nice guys who wanted to help, but I was looking for Matt Johnson. I found him and he put me on some current hot colors!

Anyone who wants to get on the awesome fall musky bite bandwagon, you got to stop in at Thorne Brothers and have at least an hour to look! Over your head, under your feet. Musky, musky, musky!

Thanks Cjac for the tip/help and thanks Matt for the help!

Anyone else been thier and went goo goo gagga? grin

P.S.

I wished I could have meet Steve J!grin

Over the lips and threw the gums! Look out Mille Lacs here I comes laugh

Fishin Dan!

I have seen your post's and you are on the muskies!

You got to go!!!!

$25.00 or $250.00, they treat you the same!

Bring the Epson Sault, because you will faint grin!

I almost did grin!

Try having two offices with Thorne positioned in between....... not good!

Shack: Glad Matt and the crew took care of you, as they will with anyone!

To all: Go check out the goods at Thorne, and tell 'em FM sent ya! You'll be treated very well for sure!

Fishin Dan!

I have seen your post's and you are on the muskies!

You got to go!!!!

$25.00 or $250.00, they treat you the same!

Bring the Epson Sault, because you will faint grin!

I almost did grin!

Ya its definitly the next place im headed to stock up on some stuff. Hopefully i can afford it after the next truck payment so i can get on some more muskies before deer hunting!

So shack you starting to get into this muskie fishing thing? Haven't seen you posting in here much before, ever caught one? You might have to give up some of that catfishing time and start applying it to something with some teeth!

You know it dude!

With the price of gas and the good cat spots being upward of an hour and half away, coupled with the slow bite the last several trips and the fall ML bite thing (walleyes and skies), I figured why not. smile

Yes I have caught muskies in the past, but it has been many years ago now and not in the fashion they are fished today. I have spent the last month watching videos, TV shows and reading back in this forum for tips.

I figured I spend all night down on Pool 2 and MN River getting skunked, might as well go up and get skunked on ML instead and save some gas money grin.

Nice thing, going full bore for flats, isn’t all that much different than going for skies. Short of the presentation and technique used going for them, it pretty much the same gear needed. I also have all the gear and rigging for night fishing for big fish. Plus, I just transfer my passion for the saftey in the handling of big flats over to a skie's and wallha! Ya all ready to go? grin

Just like that thread Cjac or Hanson started last winter/spring wink.

I am starting to really get the Musky bug grin

Thanks guys!