• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

THE HOLY GRAIL!!!!!!!!!

MUSKY18

Was just going through my LOTW charts and it struck me. During Operation Muskie, I had the chance to see the HOLY GRAIL of maps. While fishing, I got the chance to hold and look at Dick Pearson's map with all of his spots marked! There were so many spots, notes and colors on it, the thing looked like some Monet painting. He had loaned it to Chad Cain so we could fish some new spots......pretty good spots on that map. I doubt I will ever get the chance to see it again, but it is a sight that everyone should see.

Was just going through my LOTW charts and it struck me. During Operation Muskie, I had the chance to see the HOLY GRAIL of maps. While fishing, I got the chance to hold and look at Dick Pearson's map with all of his spots marked! There were so many spots, notes and colors on it, the thing looked like some Monet painting. He had loaned it to Chad Cain so we could fish some new spots......pretty good spots on that map. I doubt I will ever get the chance to see it again, but it is a sight that everyone should see.

Thats what cameras are for !!!!!!!

Naw.....Dick is a great guy and even better friend. I will find all his spots out as I make him take me fishing every summer. Heck....fishing with him during Operation Muskie, he took us to a couple of spots he said he wouldn't even take his best friends!!! Now with him doing that, I will respect his map and make my own over time with Dick's help. The vet that we fished with during Operation Muskie was a huge fan of Dick's movie, so Dick took us to every spot that is in the movie with the exception of one that wasn't on LOTW. Pretty cool thing to do!

Yeah Bret....I think the overall experience and the shoulders you all got to rub up there are pretty amazing! Dick basically came out of retirement, if you will, to take part, says a lot about his character and your efforts and the event.

That all said....I would have liked a peek at that map!

Makes a point to all us "common folk" if a guy that's caught more muskies than I've ever seen still goes thru the process of maintaining a meticilous and detailed map. Shows how much preparation and off the water work goes behind the success we all see from the best in the business.

Thanks for sharing Bret!