• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another computer technical question

LwnmwnMan2

Question

My wife has a certain VERY popular shopping channel / HSOforum that she visits often, yet on the computer, she's hardly ever able to view the images.

We only have this issue with this exact HSOforum, and 1 out of 30 times to the HSOforum the pictures show.

We have this problem with 4 different computers, and it doesn't matter if it's with IE7 or Firefox 3.

It's www dot qvc dot com and if I could get this to work, then maybe, well, for you married guys, you know how good this would be if I could get the pictures to show all the time.

I would just take it as a sign that your wife is just not to be shopping on line. grin At least not at QVC.

So, let me get this right. It worked for a while when you used Google Chrome as your browser and then stopped working? That is very very odd.

I would just take it as a sign that your wife is just not to be shopping on line. grin At least not at QVC.

So, let me get this right. It worked for a while when you used Google Chrome as your browser and then stopped working? That is very very odd.

Trust me, she gets enough from the TV, seeing as she can DVR something coming up that looks interesting.

At least now I've gotten her to check prices with different websites, as you can usually find stuff cheaper.

It saves time going to the mall to look at Christmas presents, she can do the shopping all year.

Anyways, yes, right when I installed Chrome on my computers, all the pics showed. Now we're back to none.

Another thing that's weird, I can view all the pics on my Samsung i760, smartphone with Windows mobile.

I'm thinking there's a setting that's cutting out either in the router or the modem. It's pretty much gotta be in my line somewhere.

Reboot your router/firewall.

Then go to start

Run, key in "cmd" hit enter

Key in "ipconfig /flushdns"

That will clear any DNS entries hanging around in cache, worth a shot.

Nope... didn't do any better.

It's odd, because there are some products that have both pictures and videos of the item, and we can see the videos, we can watch the TV feed live, we can get everything else, but it's just the one HSOforum, for whatever reason, we cannot see the pics consistantly.

I don't know... I'm giving up. Ripping the back pockets off my jeans since I had this in them, and then it's gone again. Woulda been nice to pull getting the pics up outta that pcoket and say "hey, remeber all the hassle I had to get those pics to show consistantly?" when I come home with a new thing-a-ma-jig.

Guess she'll just have to surf on my smartphone.