• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LAST MINUTE PHEASANT

I'd try whatever you'd do for chicken. There's nothing special about cooking wild game. It just seems most like to try and be creative. You just might surprise yourself keeping it simple. I think the biggest problem with cooking wild game is that most of us tend to overcook it most of the time. Wild game is much leaner than domestic and with less fat it takes less time to cook.

Bob

Marinate in italian dressing and throw on a hot grill to sear both sides and then throw a slice of swiss and some cooked bacon on top and you've got a great sandwich or serve on bed of rice...I wish I had some pheasants left cuz now I'm hungry.

redhooks

Thanks for the help guys but it was a little late smile well i ended up dipping each breast in some vegetable oil and then putting some salt and pepper on each side and threw them on the grill. They got nice and golden from the oil then i squirted some lemon juice over them and they turned out fantastic. Its almost time to get some more it wont be long redhooks

Marinate in italian dressing and throw on a hot grill to sear both sides and then throw a slice of swiss and some cooked bacon on top and you've got a great sandwich or serve on bed of rice...I wish I had some pheasants left cuz now I'm hungry.

redhooks

I do have one package of pheasant breasts left, I may have to try your method!!

I Know you already ate your pheasant, I actually made some last night. Heres what I do.

2 pheasant breasts on the bottom of a 9" square glass baking dish. Cover the breasts with some thinly sliced smoked ham. Next cover the ham with deli sliced swiss cheese. Next mix 1 can of Cream of Chicken with a half can of water. Dump mixture over the works. Cover all this with I bag Stuffing, I use Savory herbs StoveTop. Drizzle 1/3 stick melted butter over ther stuffing. Bake for 45 minutes at 350. Its my wifes favortie way to eat Pheasant, if I could only shoot more birds. Enjoy.

I Know you already ate your pheasant, I actually made some last night. Heres what I do.

2 pheasant breasts on the bottom of a 9" square glass baking dish. Cover the breasts with some thinly sliced smoked ham. Next cover the ham with deli sliced swiss cheese. Next mix 1 can of Cream of Chicken with a half can of water. Dump mixture over the works. Cover all this with I bag Stuffing, I use Savory herbs StoveTop. Drizzle 1/3 stick melted butter over ther stuffing. Bake for 45 minutes at 350. Its my wifes favortie way to eat Pheasant, if I could only shoot more birds. Enjoy.

I've been patiently awaiting the opener for this reason. I had a great opener, and made this for the wife and I last night. Man, that's good stuff. I went a little light on the ham and cheese, but I'll load it up good next time. Thanks for the great recipe.

No, I didn't cook the stuffing first. I dumped a bag of stuffing over the top and kind of squished it around into the cream of chicken soup. I only laid a thin layer of ham and cheese over the breasts, but will lay it on thick next time. I'll probably use a little more water and low sodium soup next time, as it was a little saltier than I like.

All in all a great recipe. My wife absolutely loved it.