• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

any body have the itch?

we have busy tail season starting this weekend, and bow season only a month a way!

i just started shooting last week. we have a hunters league starting here soon, may get into that for more practice. bought another ladder stand , plus a hunters safety vest this weekend. why did they paint the stand high gloss black?? good grief! so it got some brown, and gray . grin

the safety vest is sweet!!!! no more using a flashlight, or having to put my old type on the the garage, before i go out! just put it on; four snaps and you are ready to go! del

we have busy tail season

Good Luck with that. Fall fishing is awesome, I agree. But I dont think I will ever stop hunting some. Me and the dog will chase the birds and I been shooting my bow too. Got an antelope tag for SD also plus a muzzleloader tag. Something oughta get itself kilt.

Don't get me wrong I love to hunt, but since moving up here I don't have private hunting grounds and refuse to hunt public. I'll still go out with Dad and my Brothers when I'm back home and back on our old hunting grounds. I do tend to stray out west on occasion chasing elk in the Rockies.

having a place to hunt is constantly becoming a big problem. i only have a public area, but not to many people bother me.( OTHER THAN THE LEAF LOOKERS! cry)

that is the other problem! fishing is good! hunting is going on . just not enough time!!

i do hope to get into some fall crappie fishing! del

We have probley the largest public acreage in the state, somewhere around 50,000 acres but during bird season it gets pounded daily. With having one of the best bird populations in the state we draw alot of hunters. Oh well more peace on the lake for me grin

finally got out to the woods yesturday. mainly looking for mushrooms, and a little scouting.found three smaller shrooms, so good eating tonight!!!this oak strip is a go between from woods to a big slue(sp?)not any places to place a stand! cry

did see where a buck shreaded a small tree. he made a couple of marks on an old rub, but then stopped.

the itch is getting worse!

one week to go! i shot my broad heads this morning, to be certain they still shoot tje same as mu fld. pts. did a slight service job on the bow.( waxed the string and buss cables, popped out the pins for a dab of grease, and replaced one of the cat whiskers) will sharpen the heads later this week. I"M ready!!!! grin

we have 5,000 acres of public hunting not to far away with great hunting , but my knees won't take the hills. i was happy to see that the farmer had taken out the beans sat. now i can get to my ladder and a ground blind without having to walk the edges ! the crappies are biting, deer season starts wed.; just not enough time!!( and i'm retired!!!!)

Del,I like DEER STEAK hope you have good luck and be careful.I got my left knee fixed moved kneecap over a 1/2"to the right and tighten it down.WOW does it feel better.PM where crappie bite is wink-wink!!ICE JOHN

the bite has been on the ponds by sumner. having good luck using a 2" power minnow under a float. caught some really nice gils too.

went hunting last night. felt good to be out again!! had a nice doe with a yearling come in; should have cleared that shooting lane a little better!! cry

it was my normal first time out thing! got to the tree and found out that i didn't have my finger tab or arm guard. frown took care of that problem as soon as i got home!! blush

last night was the first time i got to use my new hunter safety sys. vest. WOW! what a sweet deal. only took a minute to put on and take off. much more comfortable than the harness i used before!!

i was scared yesturday!! the other guys insurance called me wanting to settle up on Ashleys' car. thier offer was satisfactory to me ! O.M.G. smile so that ordeal is almost over with! YES!! del

Well i finally have one for the freezer! Shot a basket rack 8 pt. tonight. I've missed two does so feel a little better. It was a tough shot!! broadside , at 4 yds.( i was on a ground stand next to a tree!) grin Now i need to fill my doe tags!

Congrats Del, gotta love those ground blinds/stands. Last 15 or so years I bowhunted I never sat in a tree and always got my buck. Can't beat the mobility. Best stands I had were by brushing the leaves from around the base of a tree slightly larger than me and waiting for him to come by. Last buck I shot was 5 yards away from me.