• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

There is a good number of eye's in Balsam, but they can be hard to find unless you know the lake fairly well. Look for open water humps and deep weedlines and you should be able to find a few. Like most lakes evenings are best and be prepared to get waked by recreational boaters all day long.

There in there, just hard to find. I was out there last week, alot of floating weeds, but maybe with the wind last weekend they might have been blown up on shore. I would get out there before sun rise or after sunset. It is a very popular lake. Like Kent said try the humps, the points and weed edges. The lake is more managed for bass now, then walleyes. Seeing as it gets speared every other year. Towards the end of the month and in threw Oct I troll after dark for them. Not many people on the lake in Oct. Good luck

Its a good lake for panfish, a popular spot is near the stumps. I've only heard 2 reports so far this season and the pannys aren't biting yet, usually heats up in a few weeks. Few walleyes are being caught as well as bass and northern.

Lots of ice everywhere now, the entire lake is fishable. 6"+ in all the bays, watch out if your near the north shore on the big part of the lake, there was a huge flock of geese keeping the water open last week. As always stay out of the narrows.