• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with these guns. I haven't heard much about them, looking for a place where I can pick one up to see how it feels. Anyone who can share any good/bad experiences much appreciated!

I'm in the same boat-I'm looking at a cheaper 12 ga semi auto ,preferrably inertia driven, and am thinking franchi or stoeger but would like to try them out first. Reeds sells both and I'm headed to the walker area for a wedding this weekend and may come back w/ a new toy.

redhooks

I am too in the same boat of not wanting to spend $1500 on a Benelli SBE 2. I have been to Gander and they feel pretty close in weight to the Benelli. (about 7.6 pounds)I have also read some reviews online about the Franchi semi autos. Many people say that it is well worth the money, but there are also some that say it has some problems. If you go to the Benelli home site, both Franchi and Stoeger have links on the bottom of the home page. Here is something from the Stoeger home page:

It all began in 1923, when Austrian immigrant Alexander F. Stoeger issued a price list from his New York City shop. In it, he announced that he was the “sole authorized importer for the United States and Canada of the genuine Mauser and Luger Arms and Ammunition.” German Luger pistols were among the first firearms Stoeger sold.

The next year, Stoeger issued his first catalog. And by 1931, the Stoeger catalog proclaimed the company to be “the only exclusive gun house in America.”

In the 1990s, the Stoeger company was purchased by Finnish rifle manufacturer Sako. In 2000, Sako was acquired by Beretta Holding S.p.A. At that time, Stoeger Industries was placed under the ownership of Benelli USA, where it remains today as a member of the Benelli USA family of companies.

The technology and expertise of Benelli USA are integral to Stoeger’s manufacturing processes. And all Stoeger products enjoy a solid reputation for affordable quality.

Just a quick note on the I 12's. There have occasionally been some feeding issues with it. This is based on a simple fix that any local gunsmith can do.

The magazine springs on some of them are to long and need to be trimmed back. The reason I recommend a gunsmith do the trimming is to avoid trimming it to short and to retain the coil strength.

Beyond that it is a heck of a fine weapon. Use heavy shells at first to loosen the tolerences same as most autoloaders.

I have hunted with an I-12 and thought they were worth the money. As previously stated there is a feeding problem. I own a SBE II and I would still consider buying an I-12. I believe the I-12 would probably fit you are looking for. If you have the money buy a Benelli.

Hoytmystic