• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cass Lake, Mn.

Hey guys and gals,

I am planning a trip to Cass in mid to late September. Never being on this lake, I am looking for information to improve my outing. I will be specifically targeting Musky.

I will be staying at Break on the Lake Resort. I have a Hot Spots map and have studied it closely but as everyone knows, It dosen't show everything correctly and up to date.

Any information would be appreciated..

Bill

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~~^~^~^~^~~^~^~^~^~

| <°))))))>< <°))))))><

| <°))))))>< <°))))))><

|

|

¿ >°))))))))))))))))))))><

Contact Brian Jones at First Choice Guide Service. During the day throw smaller bucktails (Showgirl, Mepps Muskie Marabou) save your double cowgirls for the evening. Usual colors are in play. I've had good luck on the yellow Mepps Muskie Marabou. There are lots of areas that will work; flats, weededge, drop offs. Look for cabage in barren areas and rocks. When I've gotten tired casting I'll switch to trolling the edge of structure and if they're in the mood they will slam whatever you're trolling with (DDD, spinner, whatever).

thanks for the reply. I tried to send you an e-mail at the listed address but it was rejected. I did order a LakeMaster map and it should be here soon. Hope to see you on the water.

Are you with the Shawnee group?

bill, i'm not with the shawnee group. if you're talking Kansas - rock chalk jawhawk SCREW KU. it's gonna get messy at arrowhead this year for the birds. i'm with the st. cloud muskies inc - we have our outing on cass each year. i'm from columbia but moved up to MN to chase the 'skies around. if you'd like to post your email i can send you some stuff.

you'll like that lakemaster - best thing that ever happened to me on cass was when my hotspots map blew out of my boat. i've also fished with Brian Jones who was suggested as a good guide in another post here, if you were thinking about getting a guide for a day you might want to contact him, he'd be a great help.

Grab a bucktail, find a sandbreak, and go. Keep an eye out for turns, cabbage, or little bars and outcroppings. Keep moving and cover as much water as possible. Don't neglect the early morning topwater bite either. Almost any sandbreak on the lake has the potential to hold fish and it's entirely possible to find some spots that other people aren't fishing.

Thanks for all the replys about Cass Lake. The thing that stands out is that there were 488 looks but only a few replys!! I know that Musky fishermen don't like to tell everything but come on and lay out alittle info for new people to the area. You have a great lake by all reports and listings. CPR will keep the fish there for the next guy.

Just my 2 cents on the subject.

Guess we're not sure what you're looking for, Bill - there is some pretty decent info posted here for all to see and I emailed you a few other things, five days before your post here, hope I don't regret that. Some of my friends would not be happy that this info is floating around out there. You asked for 2 cents and you got a dime.

It's like "Thanks for the replies - how come nobody replied?" It's responses like this that'll make me think twice next time, and I'm not the Cass Lake King, but if you do the things suggested here and fish hard you will catch fish. Not trying to be a jerk here that's just the way it is. Guides get paid to share their info, all we get is more pressure and less fish.

I got/get very good info here and on another very popular Muskie site. wink And I appreciate it all. What do people expect to get...... If they want a shot at "guaranteed fish" they should hire a Guide. Thanks to any and all for the info.

There is a big Tournament out there From the 4-7th, so many people probably aren't going to want to divulge too much info right now. I've seen fish all over the lake, in the reeds off breaks on the rocks ect. ect. Get out, cover water and you might just hook up.

Guys, I am sorry if I came across wrong. An example of my response is : We went to the Musky Chapter Challenge at Holcombe last year and when I asked about the lake, everyone said to get a Sportsman Connection book of maps for there. The information was very, very dated and was totally off, says there was no weeds in Cornell, etc.

I appreciate that 50inchpig and DinkADunk for their info. And Marc, I really appreciated the info you sent me. It really filled in the blank spots I had.

Again, I am sorry...

Well I went out there on saturday and didnt get any skis. Caught 3 northerns biggest was 32" or so. All pike were got on an MG spinner brown/yellow/orange. It was windy out there. Maybe next time.