• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lures

rustiest1

I have boxes of what I thought were "Must Haves", as do many others I'm sure.

Here's what you can simplify down to and be just as successful:

Rad Dog spinnerbait, single blade

Believer 8 or 10 inch

Suick

2 bucks, one big and one little

Shallow crank like Storm Giant Thunderstick

A deeper crank

Maybe a Bulldawg or two

I should practice what I preach but essentially that will cover the bases.

Good luck!

I like the addition of the Hellhound, good call!

I forgot a topwater like the Wades you mentioned, for me its a Weagle, they've served me well.

This is EXACTLY how a few lures become a lot!

You will get a thousond differant answers on this, and I like all of the above and also a good shallow crank/twitch bait that I have become real fond of is a Molly Bait, it's almost neutral bouyant and rips thru the water easy. Also a Topraider is a topwater prop bait that most everyone I know has. Spinnerbaits- I like CJs, Raddogs, and Grinders. Good luck and have fun!

Quote:
I am interested in knowing some MUST HAVE musky lures

deepwater overlooked lures are spinnerbaits, bucher's slopmaster i like because with the head flatened out like it is, it's easier for me to keep the bait horizontal on the drop and that makes the hair billow nicer than a head forward fall, IMHO.

must have, that's a toughy. but besides a spinnerbait the swimwhizz or believer are real nice lures. 2 different tie loops for shallow/tight action and deep/wide action. very versital and with two company's making basicly (size difference and plastic thickness) the same lure the color array is huge. size. believer is 6'' swim whizz is 7'' so your not stuck with one size of say... a super shad rap vs a #10 rap. not such a big difference. start with the ones above in other posts these and then get a bigger box and enjoy more and more. IMHO every lure ever made is a must have. i just wish i could get my wallet to realize it too. good luck.