• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big Guy's Hurtin

trailratedtj

This suck!!!

My 103lb 18 month old lab is got a hurtin rearend.

Wednesday the wife came home to a hallway full of diarrhea.

Thursday she came home to the same thing but in front of the living room window.

This morning we woke up to a destroyed living room again. My Big Guy wouldnt he come out of his kennel he was so ashamed. At this point i got mad becuase i new he was a hurtin unit. I finally coaxed him out of his kennel only for him to start puking. I quickly grabbed him and helped him out into the yard. He started puking up pure mucus, gobs, and gobs of it, so much he actually collapsed onto his side from the shock. I quickly grabbed him and took him back into the house were he regained his composure and began eating his breakfast.

I called the vet and they offered to take and watch him. Later they called and said they didnt see to much wrong and that i should starve him through the night to clean his system out and that i should began giving him antibiotics in the morning with this bland dog food they gave me.

anyways...have you guys ever dealt with severe diarrhea before?? I have seen him eat nothing besides his dog food since Sunday. I know he hasnt ate anything outside as i monitor him or train him when he's outside. He's halfway through a new bag of dog food so i know its not the food and He hasnt been swimming since Sunday.

What could cause this?? He's a big tough dog and to seeing him not even able to sit down becuase his butt hurts sucks!!!

has anyone ever dealt with this before...its now sunday and he has [PoorWordUsage] in almost 48hours. ive been feeding him the dog food the vet gave me with his pinacillin pills, does this "bland" dog food help densify his [PoorWordUsage]??

Hope all is going well. Your post is a bit hard to read. Have posted this home remedy cure for the runs several times but is worth repeating. First day - no food. Second day - half ration. Third day is normal ration and to the vet if no improvement.

Its amazing what labs can eat. They will eat anything that even remotely has an odor. When mine was young he ate some soap and paid the price.The other day he got a hold of some shoe strings somehow and ate them. Noticed he didnt seem right and then he puked them up, fortunately. There very much like young kids.

we still dont know what caused it, the old timers in the family mentetioned that he could of ate a toad or frog. I could see the toad or frog theory since we have a shaded cool damp backyard.

He's all better now though and back to his old self.