• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

thanks guys!

Jordyn Kaufer

Hey guys,

i just wanted to say thank you for telling me some great tips!

I'm only 15 and i really love fishing!

I used to just sit on the dock at the cabin and fish the whole day while everyone else was tubing or doing recreation stuff.

And i just wanted to let everyone know that i have learned a lot from everyone.

I always need more tips on walleye fishing.

I am always willing to learn new things.

So if anyone has some tips that they'd like to share,

i would be more than happy to learn them.

you can email me at jkaufer at hotmail dot com

or just post them

Thanks,

YFG

Good to hear you are getting out and fishing. I learned very little about fishing from my family as they weren't big outdoorspeople, so I spent a lot of time learning on my own at docks, piers, and shorelines. There was also a lot of time watching Saturday morning TV and reading everything I could find in the local library.

Now you have something I and many other never had growing up, instantaneous information at your fingertips. Whenever you have a question or want to look something up or just browse, you can find it all here at fishingminnesota. Keep asking questions and you'll find your enjoyment of fishing growing. It's good to be curious.

You have one of the best walleye areas right next to you. The St. Croix river...read the St. Croix forum and you will get lots of walleye info. Then all you need to do is find a spot to do the fishing. Good luck.

thanks.

my dad and i always go down to the river by the bluffs but almost never catch a walleye..

i just need a bunch of info and ways to rig.

like the spinner rig..

not the one with a single spinner blade or snell, one of these...

product-image-crappie-walleye-spinn.jpg

You will pick up a ton of information on this site. The croix is going to start heating up in couple weeks and the bite will be back on. Stick with it, you have a lot of years to master the art or at least (like myself) have fun trying.

Here's something to try when you are fishing walleyes from shore. This can be especially effective on a river when things seem slow.

I like to use a spinning reel for this. Run your line through a walking sinker, you know the slip sinkers that have a banana shape. Place a BB split shot some distance up the line to keep your sinker away from your bait. I like to start with about a foot so my minnow, leech, or crawler is suspended just a little off the bottom. Tie on a floating jig head of your choice...as long as it's chartruese of course. wink Cast out into fairly calm water and let it sit on the bottom. I haven't had much luck with this in rushing water. After some time carefully pick up your rod and ever so slowly pull the hook toward you. For some reason, when I do this I will get a pick up. I can only conclude that the walleyes are sitting there watching my bait and when it starts to move, they nail it.

Bob