• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lawn Tractors

The_King48

How do they work for moving snow.... I would assume that a blower attatchment would work great.. A blade though I'm not as positive.. I had a 4 wheeler with a blade and it was ok but not great... I have a funny shaped driveway so it seems that I had to chase the snow alot around corners.....

I have an older simplicity with a blower on the front of it and it works great. I'm going to be selling it soon though, because I bought a blade for my wheeler as well. I can't imagine a lawn tractor would be very good at all for moving snow with a blade. I'd stick with the wheeler, or look at a mower/blower.

I have a 14 hp tractor that I bought a blade for. It works well for the heavy stuff that clogs up a blower. It does not work well at all if there's too much snow, you just sort of have to practice a bit and you'll know when you need something else. I also have walk behind blower so I can get it done either way.

Chains and wheels weights are necessary when using the blade. I have a Simplicity and the blade comes off and on pretty quickly.

I will admit that I am jealous of my neighbor who has a blower for his tractor. They can pretty much do anything and don't have to worry about future snow storage capacity.

Snow blowers work great on the garden tractors. A two stage blower is better than a one stage snow thrower. I use a 70’s model 9020 Simplicity with a 52” single stage thrower and it really eats and throws the snow! I put lots of weights on the back for traction. I don’t use chains because I don’t want the cement all scratched up. If you have a 4-wheel drive tractor you should be able to get by without the weights. I also use the 04 Simplicity Legacy with the loader to pile the snow up farther out to help stop the snow before it gets to the yard. With the blade on a tractor or 4 wheeler you make piles and ridges and if you get a lot of snow you have no place to go with more snow. With the snow blower you don’t end up with the big piles. Also a cab on the tractor is nice. Lots of snow dust when blowing snow.

My older lawn tractor with single stage blower works great! in all snow. 12 HP, wheel weights and chains.Only problem is when drive gets iced I'm on a hill and the chains dont always move the machine.On flat surfaces no stoppin it! Done up to 30 inches snow and the heavy stuff a little PAM fry spray in the augers & chute keeps it clear. FINE SETUP!