• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

minnkota prop

T-water

Question

Hey Folks

I have an older minkota and would like to takke the prop off so I can clean out the innards grease it if I should... I'm not sure how to take it off I don't want to force it and the wingnut deallybob doesn't budge. Any ideas would be appreciated!

6 answers to this question

Center screw won't move. It is the drive shaft rom the motor.

Once you take the wing nut off, lift the prop off the shaft, be careful don't lose the pin in the shaft.

The slot in the prop shaft is for is if your wing nut, or in my case airplane nut is too tight you can put a screwdriver in the slot to hold it in place to loosen the nut.

WW

Yes take the prop off and check to make sure there isnt any fishing line behind it. Pretty common. The prop shouldnt be too hard to take off. Also put a little never sieze on the parts so the next time it wont be so hard to get apart.

I dont like the plastic wing nuts because I had one come off and I lost my prop. I use a nylock nut on mine now. I think most come with them now.