Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
T-water

minnkota prop

7 posts in this topic

Hey Folks

I have an older minkota and would like to takke the prop off so I can clean out the innards grease it if I should... I'm not sure how to take it off I don't want to force it and the wingnut deallybob doesn't budge. Any ideas would be appreciated!

I've always been able to loosen the wingnut using a needlenose pliers.

Yeah I looked at it again tonight. I got the wingnut off but then the center screw won't budge. Even used the power tools, what gives?

It might be left hand threads, other wise I don;t know.

Center screw won't move. It is the drive shaft rom the motor.

Once you take the wing nut off, lift the prop off the shaft, be careful don't lose the pin in the shaft.

The slot in the prop shaft is for is if your wing nut, or in my case airplane nut is too tight you can put a screwdriver in the slot to hold it in place to loosen the nut.

WW

Okay so I get the wingnut off, should I then try to pry the prop off?

Yes take the prop off and check to make sure there isnt any fishing line behind it. Pretty common. The prop shouldnt be too hard to take off. Also put a little never sieze on the parts so the next time it wont be so hard to get apart.

I dont like the plastic wing nuts because I had one come off and I lost my prop. I use a nylock nut on mine now. I think most come with them now.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I was down in NW Iowa this past week.  All kinds of mourning doves there. Soybean and corn harvest is starting;  so spilled grain in the field may hold them there awhile. 
    • Since there has been a great deal of discussion about Black Lives Matter and a variety shootings across the country I thought it might be timely to point out that this s Nat. Hispanic Heritage Month (from Sept.15-Oct.15) first proclaimed , I think,   by LBJ. The aim is to highlight some of the contributions made to this country by Hispanic's and also the independence of several Latino  countries. So far,   from what I've seen, there have been no wild demonstrations and no property damage; have not seen any reports of police having to intervene in any festivals. I have long felt that we do not credit the Hispanics in our midst with the attention due them. Like all other races I've met and dealt with, there have been many good solid hard working citizens and a few real throw backs. Around here we celebrate the good ones. Something to give at least a moments thought to fellas.
    • 13th season at MN Duck Camp for this old girl. Her daughter carries the workload now.
    • We are going to get one of the females out of this litter  
    • Where's the pic's? Male or female. Mine is British, 62 lb male and full of energy. 
    • Yes still like that setup for adding smoke. I decided to try some trays instead of hanging. Last weekends Polish would untwist which I did not care for and a few broke the skins while trying to hang.   Side note the Polish patty's from the left over that could not be pushed thru were great on the grill. Might have to leave some in bulk form on purpose next time.
    • I noticed that Northern carries the Worksharp and extra belts. Cost was $79.99
    • Well, it's comforting to know the duopoly doesn't have a complete lock on everything, anyway.   "Johnson says if he was included in the debates, he would win if he just "bit his tongue" http://www.marketwatch.com/story/gary-johnson-bites-tongue-to-demonstrate-how-debate-slot-would-aid-his-presidential-bid-2016-09-23?siteid=rss&rss=1
    • You could substitute Trump's name in that statement if you support Trump. The best policy here is to "Just say no to A-holes"... (This would also make a great bumper sticker for the Johnson campaign.)
  • Our Sponsors