Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KeystoneLight

SHOWER HOUSE ???

4 posts in this topic

Anyone have any plans or ideas for a shower house? I would like to build a shower house on our vacation property. We do not have electricity, but we can run the generator or hook up a pump to a 12 volt battery. We have a well so getting water is easy just need ideas on getting hot water for the shower.

I have actually been thinking about this at our lake place. Something pretty rudimentary. My initial idea would include building a 6 x 6 fence around it, basically some corner posts, the fencing and a hinged door. For the floor, first laying down several inches of rock and then a weather resistant wood deck floating on the rock. And then running the water/shower in. Nothing fancy, but gives you privacy and a place to hose off when you're a mess.

I was even just thinking solar shower bags for the water.

I would look for a used 6 gallon water heater and a 12 volt water pump from an RV. This would make a very nice shower house.

A friend of mine had a nice set up, he used a turkey fryer burner and put a metal garbage can filled with the water and a 12 volt boat bilge pump in the bottom and put it on a chunk of cement patio block so the pump dont melt.He connected the hose to a regular shower head and wired a toggle switch in the shower.