• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SHOWER HOUSE ???

KeystoneLight

Anyone have any plans or ideas for a shower house? I would like to build a shower house on our vacation property. We do not have electricity, but we can run the generator or hook up a pump to a 12 volt battery. We have a well so getting water is easy just need ideas on getting hot water for the shower.

I have actually been thinking about this at our lake place. Something pretty rudimentary. My initial idea would include building a 6 x 6 fence around it, basically some corner posts, the fencing and a hinged door. For the floor, first laying down several inches of rock and then a weather resistant wood deck floating on the rock. And then running the water/shower in. Nothing fancy, but gives you privacy and a place to hose off when you're a mess.

I was even just thinking solar shower bags for the water.

A friend of mine had a nice set up, he used a turkey fryer burner and put a metal garbage can filled with the water and a 12 volt boat bilge pump in the bottom and put it on a chunk of cement patio block so the pump dont melt.He connected the hose to a regular shower head and wired a toggle switch in the shower.