• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance GPS Icons

Griggs

Question

Does anybody know if you can put differnt icons on Lowrance GPS units? I have the 522 and I'd like to put icons on for different stuff, but they so many stupid icons that I will never use. I'd like something for weeds, rocks, and different kinds of fish.

Thanks.

8 answers to this question

what I do is make one symbol for weeds and Rocks and keep it that way consistanly Like for rocks I use the Skull Crossing and then for cabbage I use the fence thingy and I keep it that way and if I see fishing down there with the CAmera I use a phone. and for spots that I want to check I use a stop sign until I fish it and see what is actaullly there. I also have stuff for sand and mud you just have to keep it consistant

Sadly, you can't upload your own custom iconography for the unit. I'm very surprised companies haven't allowed more customization and integration between the home computer and the boat electronics. It would be very simple to do...and what about a weather radar built in!? If I can lock onto 8-12 satellites at any given time I should be able to get a radar update. Alright, thats enough from me and my ranting.

and what about a weather radar built in!? If I can lock onto 8-12 satellites at any given time I should be able to get a radar update

This is availabe on Garmin units if you buy the weather satellite antenna

I just don't understand what they were thinking they picked what icons they were going to include. Its obviously a fishing unit, so why are there so many useless icons...

Oh, you never know... when you're in Philly you can mark the exact location of the Liberty Bell... If it's a sunny day you can mark where Ol' Sol is shining right there on the spot... Next time you're at the North Pole you can plant the flag (except the Earth is all green and blue in that icon so I guess there's no land to actually stick the flag pole in)... Looks like you can mark all of the movie theatres, gobblin sightings, bee hives, egg cartons (?), acorns (?), coffee shops and libraries you come across while you're fishing. What more could you want? smile

Me? I've used the fish, the tent, the house and every once in a while the mountains, the pier and some of the 'X' marks...

Haha, good stuff. I didn't think it would be asking too much to have rock or boulder type symbol, a couple of different weeds symbols, maybe some sand... But maybe I'll stick with the libraries and coffee shops that are scattered throughout the lakes that I fish =)

I've never had a complaint about lowrance icons, actually I never even gave them a 2nd thought until now. I just try to be consistent with what I use them for.

I use the mountain range icon for underwater reefs, and if I need another symbol for that I use the shipwreck symbol.

I also use the 1 and 2 fish symbols a lot, the colored 'x's, and occasionally the symbols that look like stop signs or warning signs.