Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Coach Dog

Water Stain on Ceiling

6 posts in this topic

Hey all. Flooded toilet (please don't ask how that happened) reulted in water leaking to the ceilingbelow in the basement. It is a sprayed ceiling and the water found a sheetrock seam and now there is a tinted spot about 3" wide and about 6' long. Any recommendations in covering it up? My dad mentioned that Kilz primer works good for it. BTW, the ceiling was sprayed about 6 months ago so it is new. Thanks guys!

Killz and binz are just sealers, you will have to paint over them to hide the stain. My recomendation is Prat and Lambert "Red Seal" flat oil white. It Sucks to use and you will have to paint the entire ceiling, but it will seal and hide in one step.

As said a sealer like Killz will be needed to stop it from bleeding through. By sprayed you might mean textured. You can get the Killz in a spray can, that would be the best way to apply it without damaging the texture. Now you'll need to add color to the area that has been sealed and blend that into the area around it. If color was added to the texture thats what you'll use. Again the best way to do that is by spraying. You can get a spray can that you add paint to and then pressurize.

I had the same problem kills covered it but it eventually bled through again,but now after the kills apply a coat of shellac,then paint.A 2 lb. cut of shellac is sanding sealer and I believe you can buy it in spray cans.

As said a sealer. I'd then prime it with some Zinzer primer and then paint.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• One of the young fellas in the extended family thinks he needs to buy a Bushmaster 5.5 rifle for general use and because he is now living in what he calls a "nervous tension" part of the Twin Cities.  Franky, it is all "nervous tension" to me but never mind,  what do those of you who actually own and shoot Bushmaster rifles,   about which I know nothing, think of them for quality, price and dependability. Personally, I'd rather have a Beretta 92FS or a nice little Ruger LC9mm and a REAL rifle is a bolt action, blued metal work of art with a birds-eye maple or burled walnut stock!
    • Cool pics, good job.
    • Wisconsin was a bust.   There were plenty of birds around, but they clearly are well educated when it comes to hunters.  Most hens were going to nests early, but nothing would respond to or come to calls of any kind.  I watched many birds that I would call to in a field turn and walk away, even jakes and gobblers with no hens.  Some birds would sprint out of sight!    I did come very close to a nice gobbler but forgot my range finder in my blind and didn't shoot when I thought he was a bit too far.  Ranging the area later proved otherwise...  I also had another group with a nice gobbler and a few hens that I had been chasing multiple times, they started going away from my calling, so I crawled up behind some thick pine trees to get close for an ambush shot.  Of course a hen busted me at 15yd and they disappeared...     After two solid days of rain, and this morning's rain with zero birds heard or seen I packed up and went home.  My brother called to tell me he shot a bird in the spot he told me I should go to...    All in all I only heard two gobblers actually gobble in three hard days of hunting, neither would come to me.  Many more seen.  I only heard one hen yelp back to me, again saw many others that would not make a peep...
    • So as far as anyway knows there should be no adverse effects except for extra work in the fall.
    • At my age Eyeguy I'm just trying not to lose too many.
    •   Sorry. Cell service down there was horrible. Had to wait till I got back to a real computer.
    • Kept me waiting long enough  congratulations Don
    • another good trick for good maters is once the tomatoes start forming is to put a tablespoon of epsom salt by the stalk about every 3rd-4th watering!!!!!!!! i'm a believer!!!!!!! 
    • Well my last season of hunting turkeys was good but very wet. Bird numbers are down big time but also did not help we had to dodge a few tornadoes. This made hunting a little tougher but can't control old mother nature. I would rather have a foot of snow over the rain but we dealt with . First day of the season we were able to get one bird down after making a move around the property. Birds were staying out in the field with the rain so we came up on the edge of the woods they were by. We only had one shot to take wanted to try for a double but didn't work out. First day and morning everything was going good but we could not get any more male birds in sight. Put miles on and hunted 3 different properties nothing going.   We get to Friday nothing happens again that morning .  That afternoon I was able to get 3 birds fired up and two would come close but never commit to killing range. So I played around with these two birds starting at 2:30 and I was finally able to get them to break at 6:30 and come in. After a lot of cat and mouse going on. I would setup they would gobble their heads off and seem like they were coming in then get further away and shut up . So I would walk about 100 yds away start calling again and they would fire up so this went on for hours. My last move I went as close as I could get without bumping them or hoping I didn't hit the call one time and they were within 50 yds. I sat down fast got ready and they were within 25 yds. I was greedy trying to get both lined up for one shot since I had two tags but just wouldn't happen. One dropped out of sight and now the bird left is 32 yds. Waited till he cleared couple small trees and dropped him right there not a wing flop. The other bird was gone with no shot to have. This 20 gauge is sure fine and knocks the heck out the birds. .        
  • Our Sponsors