Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harvey lee

$1,000.00 flathead caught

9 posts in this topic

I heard that the flathead that the DNR released by New Ulm and had a bounty on it was caught by Franklin. Any truth to this?

Was caught two weekends ago by a gal from Franklin. They were able to release the fish, which was a 30 pound fish. If you follow Mankato news, it was hard to miss it. Free Press and KEYC both did storys, which I am sure you can find it on their webpage. The Fish is referred to as Big D if your searching.

jk

anyone find out where they got that Flathead in the first place? Was it on its way back home or? Long way to go I would think.

I'm pretty sure it was going home wink

dtro- Do you ever fish this stretch of river? By the looks of it you don't need any more spots for quality fish, I think you have that handled. But if you ever decide to come up this way shoot me a email, I would be happy to meet up with you.

Ryan

Thanks for the offer Slayer, that is one area I would really like to check out sometime.

Its a great area for some monster flats, I have fished it many times and have never been disappointed

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I have been meaning to try to stick a yote too whenever I was out I hoped one would show up instead of a turkey.
    • should have set up in the grass! Uncle went back for evening set up at a pinch point hen and tom came through to go back to roost but no shot!
    • Beside the fun of fooling a turkey and sticking it witj my bow,this is why I love turkey hunting. Slow smoked with apple on the pellet smoker. 
    • Does anyone have a water driven backup sump pump? They look like the cats meow if you live in town. Or does code even allow them? If they are not allowed what is the best battery backup ones?
    • Got out Saturday morning. Perfect weather. Jakes and hens. Had a new group of 6 hens come in with no tom or jakes.   Did have a yote come out of nowhere right into my dekes. 12 yards. Just as I was drawing on it , it must have scented me and booked. A second yote crossed about 50 yards out. Sticking a yote is on my bucket list.   All in all a great morning.    
    • Good season Wild, onto next year. Should be some changes but I don't expect us to do anything crazy. Need to sign Granlund and Nino and that will use up a lot of our cap space. Can't afford Hanzel and possibly Haula and Vegas will be taking a player off our hands. I'm more interested to see who can sustain or step up their scoring next year or if anyone regresses. Granlund, Coyle, Nino, Zucker, Dumba, Spurgeon and Brodin all had career years, those are good problems to have. They showed us a lot but I think they still have room to grow and that is what we need. We have a nice cast of vets but they are likely too old to lead us to a cup, they would be in more supporting rolls. Hopefully our now seasoned young core and continue to build on their impressive seasons. Always disappointing to lose, even worse when you can't score against your old coach but I like the our team and hopefully we can keep getting better.
    • I'm not the most techy 40yr old out there, so I will try to explain what I'm looking to do and hopefully someone can point me in the direction I need to go. I have a cabin in the Chippawa National Forrest, no phone at the cabin and our cell phones dont work at the cabin either. My teenage son wants to take the wheeler and go riding alone. I worry he's going to get lost or if the wheeler breaks down he can't call my cell for help. When we drive my truck around; the gps in it works all the time.  I know I can put a GPS app on my sons phone so he can track his route in reverse to get back to the cabin. But what if he breaks down?  Does anyone know if there is a gps app that I could "pair" up me and my son's phone so I can see where he is at? kill 2 birds with one stone per say, he can use it to navigate himself on the wheeler and I can see where he's at incase I need to rescue him.  Thanks for the help.
    • Hit the Red River over the weekend for the 2nd time this spring. First outing wasn't great with a handful of smaller cats all under 10lbs. This weekend was a different story as we ended up with 15 cats Friday night. 5 over 10lbs, 2 of which were high teens fish. All caught on cut river bait.  Cats were on the shallow side of the river. Water was high and flowing pretty good. All fish were caught and released. Great night of fishin w no bugs to bother us and very nice weather! Gonna give it another whirl soon in a boat this time. Have a look!!
    • I've never tried my booya poppin pad crashers Yet but are they really bad or just not as good? Just wondering.
  • Our Sponsors