Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_King48

Charging Batteries.. ( ICE HOUSE)

7 posts in this topic

I have a forced air furnace, lights, TV, DVD, and so on... At night I run the generator since I'm on LOTW..... Is there a way besides a bulky battery charger that I have carry around and switch batteries when one is charged.. I usaully have 2 batteries but I am considering 3..

I'm no electrician, but you can hook up an In/Con Verter just like the campers have. They run the 110v line in from line or generator and that runs to the panel. here's where i'm not technical, but it splits out the 110 line to the wall outlets and also converts the power to 12V DC to charge the batteries as well. My experience is with the Lodge fish houses, they have that technology built in. I leave my batteries in the house and when i bring the trailer home, i plug it in and it charges the batteries.

It is just one line from the Converter, and then i ran 3 batteries in Parrallel to keep the charge longer.

Here is some info from the lodge site on one of the converters.

7300RU SERIES CONVERTER/CHARGER SECTION -

This Replacement/Upgrade converter/charger section provides Parallax 6300 Series linear power centers with whisper quiet operation and ultra-clean, filtered DC power. Filtered DC power is free from spikes and surges, no matter how unstable the AC power source. Filtered power is ideal for use with today's sensitive appliances. A barely audible cooling fan is the only sound emitted while the unit is in operation. The full output rating is available for battery charging, virtually eliminating dead or drained batteries. Designed for indoor use only. Do not install in the engine compartment. UL/CUL Listed. Two year warranty.

45 ADC CONVERTER/CHARGER

"•Lower Section & Upgrade •DC OUTPUT:14.0 max. @ no load, 13.2 max. @ full load, 45 Amps"

PRICE MFG NUMBER

List Price: $297.28

Our Price: $267.55 7345RU

55 ADC CONVERTER/CHARGER

"•Lower Section & Upgrade •DC OUTPUT:14.0 max. @ no load, 13.2 max. @ full load, 55 Amps"

You could connect your batteries in parallel - they'd all draw off of each other extending your run time and when you charge charge all of them at the same time.

Does your generator have a 12V output option? You could connect the charger directly to your batteries that way and cut out the charger.

marine_man

Yes my generator does... What do u mean "parallel"""? It sounds like something I want... I have a outlet where I store my batteries.....

Parallel: Connect + to + and - to -.

As hoggs222 mentioned - create a jumper wire(s) that connect all the positive posts to each other and jumper wire(s) that connect all the negatives together.

You now will be discharging from 3 batteries at the same time and be charging all 3 batteries at the same time when charging. Understand that it will take longer to charge the batteries now since you're charging all 3 at the same time.

marine_man

I have an on board charger screwed to a plywood backboard in my battery compartment and my batteries hooked in parallel. I usually run my generator for about an hour in the morning and a couple of hours in the evening. This way I can use my 110v stuff and charge the batteries at the same time.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Great pictures and even better memories.
    • Feb. 18, 2017 Chelsea Clinton took to Twitter this week asking her followers for some help identifying synonyms for the words “sick,” “horrifying” and “awful.” “I need a thesaurus. What’s another word for horrifying? Sick? Awful? Running out of adjectives these days that mean unconscionably terrible,” Clinton tweeting, linking to a story about an illegal immigrant who was detained when she sought a protective order against a domestic abuser. Clinton received a lot of responses, but one Twitter user gave Clinton an answer she never expected. That user is Juanita Broaddrick, one of the myriad of women that has accused Clinton’s father, former President Bill Clinton, of rape or sexual abuse. Broaddrick alleges that Clinton raped her in 1978 when he was attorney general of Arkansas. She responded to Clinton’s request by tweeting, “Well, since you asked, Here’s my definition of horrifying, sick & awful. Answer: Your father, Bill Clinton.” Twitter was entertained — and many thought Broaddrick should have added Clinton’s mom, twice-failed Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, to the list of synonyms for “horrifying” as well:  
    • Sonar units continue to be an anglers best friend. Still some suspended fish out there. Working every fish hard is key. Some fish are players and some pretenders. A good tullibee and perch bite in some areas amongst walleyes / saugers. The anglers working a spoon and a dead stick with a plain hook and minnow are doing good.  Key depth  29-33 ft in the morning/afternoon and 17-24 before dusk.  Best colors continue to be glow red and gold on jigging spoons tipped with minnow head or tail. Snow pack on the lake is disappearing and ice is still very good.   The Rainy River morning and evening bite has been okay. Know the river or use a resort or guide for safety. Warm weather and current will effect areas harsher than others.   The snowmobile trail is staked from Wheeler's Point to Baudette on the river.  Do not deviate from trail unless you are familiar with ice conditions.   Up at the NW Angle, fishing has really picked up. The dead stick is producing the most fish with depths under a foot off of the bottom. Lots fish in the slot, as well as some over 28 inches! On the Canadian side, walleyes are being caught in transition zones, with gold and pink and whites being the hot colors. The crappie bite is at 30 ft plus in the mud with Tungsten jigs tipped with plastic. Jigging spoons with a minnow head are also producing fish. Remember to move on to another species after you have your limit of crappies as these fish have a high mortality rate over 25' of water. Work through resorts and stay on ice road. Fish houses can stay on ice through March, walleyes/saugers through April 14th.  
    •   Because some door knob Atheist on a Fishing forum keeps bring it up even though they don't believe in it-oddly?  
    • 23 games in 41 days after the mandated break, and the horrid streak for teams after their break contiunes i think its like 3-13-4.  That is going to put a lot of strain on players playing that many games in that short amount of time.  We will probably be seeing Kemps at least once a week I would guess, but if he can be remotely close to his last start we should be alright.
    •   Where do you get your info?            
    • Thanks for the additional advice. I had been thinking that I didn't need the fancy EPS, ESP, etc.
    •   We don't need Jesus for that - Trump's already got it covered....
    •   Yup.   Being the policeman for the world is straining our finances but some seem to be blind to the fact that inviting more people to come over and risking more going on an already unsustainable welfare state will have the same effect.     Of course, we can continue to just print the money we need. And I don't think Jesus will be performing a Loaves and Fishes type miracle with our currency anytime soon.   I'm beginning to get what Del meant when he said go far enough to the right and you eventually become the left
  • Our Sponsors