• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How to hook up batteries parallel???

MUSKY18

I have a 12 Volt trolling motor and carry two batteries in the boat. I would like to hook my batteries up to run parallel so it draws off of both batteries at the same time? Do you just need to run a connection between positive to positve and negative to negative and then connect the trolling motor to one battery? Thanks for any help/advice.

To increase voltage connect Battery 1 - to Battery 2 + ... If using 12 volt battery you will add 12 volts with every battery you add to the series.(2 * 12Volt= 24, 3 * 12Volt= 36 and so on) Then hook your hot to the open + on the first battery and your ground to the open - on the last battery.

yup........thanks for all the tips and hints. Went and got a couple of cables and hooked it all up this afternoon. Works like a charm!! Anxious to get on the water and see if it really makes a difference in battery life.