• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lakemaster chip

JIGGS

Question

I purchased the Minnestoa Lakemaster chip at a well known outfitter in North Central Minnesota on March 6th of 2008. When I got it home and installed it in my GPS it came up as "Copyright 2006". I was assured that it was the most up to date chip available. As of March of 2008 - would this be an accurate statement? Just would like to know if I got my value for my $$$...

12 answers to this question

I am still waiting for my chip to arrive via the rebate offer...It should be in the next few days and I can post then. It sounds a bit strange to me...but I have heard of people talking about the issue of chips being behind a year? Check the forum for the chip related threads, it wasn't long ago. Good luck.

Try this.....take the chip and zoom in on an area of the boundary waters, try outside of Ely. Look to see if there are marked portages and campsites on the screen (you may have to zoom in a bit). These features were just added on the 2008 chip. I borrowed a LM chip for a BW trip in early June because I had heard that it had the portages/campsites marked, but when i didnt see them I called LM and they said that it was just added for 2008. If you can't find portages/campsites marked then you dont have the 2008 chip. Or go on the LM HSOforum and find out what new lakes were added for 2008 and see if they are on your chip.

For the 2008 LakeMaster chip:

Packaging and chip should say "108-308TW Minnesota."

Startup screen should read "Copyright 2004 InfoUSA Copyright 2008 LEI Copyright 2008 ProMap Technologies, Inc."

LOWRANCE ELECTRONICS

LAKEMASTER ProMaps

Minnesota LKPM-MN 108-220

2008 EDITION

Newly Updated!

80 All-New & Revised ProMap Lakes With 1'-3' Depth Contours.

130 Total High-Definition ProMap Lakes.

750 Lakes With Contours!

I bought my 2008 chip at Cabela's on April 19, 2008, but I certainly wasn't the first in line. The salesman opened the package and examined the chip carefully to make sure that it was the new one, telling me that he had more than one come back with a claim that the old chip was in the new package...

I did a little search for you and came up with a couple of FM threads from last spring that talked about it.

In this one, markkstanley had information that the 2008 chip would be in stores March 31: http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1330794/Lake_list_for_2008_MN_Lakemast

This one has a member named ortonville who bought the 2008 chip April 1:

http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ub...LakeMaster_Chip

JIGGS:

Looks like you got the older chip just before the 2008 came out. Like mnfishingguy said, the latest version always sells for $100 when it first comes out and then the going price for the old one drops to around $50.

PierBridge:

The descriptions you list match what's on my 2008 chip's packaging, but that's the first I've seen that model number (108-220). Here are the numbers of the MN LakeMaster chips I have owned:

2006: LKPM-MN 108-180

2007: LKPM-MN 108-203

2008: LKPM-MN 108-308TW

...and what could the 'TW' stand for??

I had the old package switch happen on me too. I went in for the 08 lakemaster and ended up with the 07 chip in the 08 package.

I brought it back and they gave me the 08 no problems.