Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Matt Johnson

Slugs Strike it Big...

Spent some time on Tonka this past week and the fish are really starting to turn on. Water temps are jumping into the 70s with some spots seeing 75! Good stuff there as the activity levels are increasing. Found a lot of fish in the shallows... some of which in under 1' right up tight to shore... although the outside weededge is starting to produce as fish are beginning to congregate out there now. This transition just started in the last few days.

Slugs in the shallows has been the ticket. The Ogur Slug as well as the Mister Twister RT Slug have been hot. A lot of bass cruising the shallow flats stirring up some fun. Also the gills are spawning along just about every shoreline it seems. A few nice bass under docks too...

Great information matt. We need to get out when i get back from the honeymoon this week. Leaving tommorrow at 5 am, but ill give ya a call when i get back to get out.

Ahhh Geez. Who wants to be the one to break the reality news to BNS about setting up any fishing dates AFTER the honeymoon? That Ugly Stik commercial say it all grin

Mister Twister's version of the RT Slug is different than the Slug-o type baits... their version is more like a jerk shad or large fluke...

Some of the pannies were dandies. Saw some easy 9" fish. Don't know if I saw many in that 10" range though...

Spent most of the day on the water yesterday in the Chisago area and found the same situation. A lot of fish shallow, less than 5' of water. We touched a lot of fish and caught them several different ways... including Mr. Crankbait smile Biggest came in around 19.5" and ate a Comida...

This slug bite has turned into an addiction smile Fish continue to smack baits tossed along the inside weedline. Spinner-baits also kicked in a few fish amongst the scattered shallow weeds. Wind-blown bays produced well yesterday, as it seemed as if a lot of baitfish were floppin trying to avoid the ambush smile

MJbassCL0608.jpg

BobBassCL0608.jpg

Great shots man.

Im back in the saddle. Im not going to have any time this week, but shoot me a email and we will get together following.

I got my order of Twister baits in the mail. Need to get them allllllllllllll wet.