• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camper Awning mats..

Kylersk

I was going to pick up a piece of Indoor/Outdoor carpet and use that to place on teh ground under our awning. Tired of dirt and sand getting all over the camper.

Before doing so, I did a search online for camping mats and found some Camper Awning mats that are breathable and apparently do not ruin the grass under them.

Anyone have these? Thought?

Thoughts on using indoor/outdoor carpet?

This would not be used at a seasonal site, we move around from campground to campground, so I need it to be portable.

nothing wrong with indoor/outdoor carpet, been using it for years. won't hurt the grass unless you're there for a couple weeks, in which case, just pick it up for a little while once or twice

I use a 6 X 12 piece. it gets wet when it rains, had it out all weekend in southern MN this weekend, so it got plenty wet, but when the sun pops out I hang it over the picnic table and it doesn't take long at all to dry. there are different thickness carpets you can get, mine is pretty thin....easier to pack away. When I'm done camping, I pick it up, shake it off and it folds up to about 18" square and a few inches thick and it stows away until the next trip in one of my cubby holes in the camper. I've had mine for over 5 years, they last very well. you can get them cut to any size you want at menards.

We have a 6x10 mat that is like a plastic, I'm not sure what it is made of. But, it lets the water run through and doesn't hold the dirt when you pick it up. We use it in TX in the winter and the sand burrs don't stick to it

Before doing so, I did a search online for camping mats and found some Camper Awning mats that are breathable and apparently do not ruin the grass under them.

Anyone have these? Thought?

Thoughts on using indoor/outdoor carpet?

This would not be used at a seasonal site, we move around from campground to campground, so I need it to be portable.

We also use outdoor carpet and it works great. We simply roll it up each time and put it on the rear bumper of the camper and tie/bungee it to the bumper. It works great and if it is a little wet no but deal it will dry out sitting in the open. I would highly recommend doing this, the carpet will last a long time and no need to try putting it in a container or in the camper when it is dirty. Just shake it off before you roll it up and you are done.

We have four 6x6 pieces of outdoor carpet. The smaller size is easier to handle. We also put one piece under the end of the picnic table where we do our outdoor cooking so when you drop something, it stays reasonably clean rather than landing in dirt.