• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rod Storage Frustrations!!!!!

Coach1310

Just venting a little so see if anyone else is frustrated with having an older boat(Mines a 1991) with the fabulous 6' rod storage lockers and having some of the nice longer rods to fish with. I don't particilary like not being able to stow away my nice rods.... I use the rod saver velcro straps and that keeps a couple of my longer rods secured while trailering or on the water... anyone else have a good solution?? I looked into rebuilding my rod locker, but due to how my boat is configured I can only get it to about 6'3" without a complete overhaul of the inside!

That was one of my issues with my boat so I just gutted the rod box completely and installed the styrofoam/plastic berkly rod holders. One set vertical and one set horizontal (on the passenger wall)

10.jpg

Yup, my '91 Forester has two very nice rod lockers (port and starboard). But they are also 6 footers. Broken two rods trying to get a 6'6" in there. I don't do that anymore; you would've thought I would have given up after the first rod snapped smile

I have some vertical rod holders on the floor (really just gray painted PVC). I store my rods up in a storage building on our property when not in the boat. Some day there is a nice 17 foot Lund in my future with the center rod locker.

I had an '88 Predator that I was able to notch out the bottom forward corner of the rod locker so that I could pass the tips of the longer rods into the forward deck compartment. The tips laid tight to the bottom of the boat an I never had a broken tip from items in the front compartment, but I suppos that you could always add an angle piece of aluminum to offer more protection here if you are concerned about this.