Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Snake River  King

2007 Alumacraft sc navigator 175 with a 140 johnson 4stroke???

7 posts in this topic

Hello Im looking to mabey buying a 2007 Alumacraft sc navigator 175 with a 140 johnson 4stroke and i was woundering what you guys think of this package??? How is the motor?? How fast would it go?? Is it dry??? thanks for the Info Im just so excited grin

Nice balanced rig for sure! I bet it would go about 45-48 mph gps speed, that might read 50+ on the speedo. Lots of people love that motor, but I am not familiar with it. The hull is great and solid. You will get wet on rough windy days, but all but the big glass boats would as well on real rough days like that.

Have fun with it!

A buddy of mine has a 115 johnson and loves it. I fished with him all last week at Lac Seul, he with his Johnson and me with my Yamaha 150 and I have to say his Johnson was just at quite as my Yamaha if not more so.

You'l like the layout. We have a fairly old TP175 and like it quite a bit but if I was getting one today I'd look really hard at the Navigator as well. My only suggestion would be to get as much HP as the boat or your wallet can stand. Not so much so you can break a land speed record, but if you ever end up with a fat guy or two as fishing partners its nice to have the power to get out of the hole. Its also just plain fun to drive fast! smile

I have a 2006 185 nav. with a 150 yamaha & T-8 kicker. Bought this package new in 2006. I was told by a couple different dealers that the 140 johnson was made by suzuki (same motor as there 140) a buddy of mine has the suzuki 140 4 stroke on his lund 1700 fisherman it is a very nice motor.

I'm assuming the motor is an '06 or '05. Suzuki did make Johnson 4 strokes up to 2006. I don't believe Johnson has a 140 4 stoke after that time (might be wrong.)

I've got a 175 TP cs with a 140 Suzi and a T8. I'll get 42-3 max by myself. I doubt you'll see over 45, definately not 50. BUT, you'll love that set up. Very nice boat and motor, IMO. Good luck.

Oh, ya, you'll get wet on a windy / wavey day if your going anything but directly with or against the waves. But still a lot better ride with the reverse chine and deep V than alot of aluminum boats I've been in, esp. if trimmed correctly.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• The green up is still in full swing this week, with the help of consistent rain events and temperatures between the 50s and 70s. This, combined with recent snow in the northern portions of the state continues to put a damper on recently high fire danger across and has brought us to "Low" fire danger throughout the counties. Water levels are still running above normal, and the Wisconsin River is above flood stage. Trails across the state are likely to feature more than a few hints of mud. Bring your rubber boots or waterproof hikers and enjoy the scenery as the banks, forests, marshes and prairies respond to the influx of moisture. Challenging weather made for tough angling across the board this past week. Anglers from Marinette County to Brown County reported numerous attempts at walleye and brown trout. Murkier water didn't help, but reports came in from anglers that they were seeing success for non-target species, particularly northern pike. In Oconto County, the sucker run is rolling along and disturbing the bite. In Brown County, those that did see success for walleye noted that the fish were fully spawned and on their way back to the bay. Stream anglers are reporting a difficult steelhead bite in eastern Door County, while suckers have dispersed in Kewaunee County, leaving the steelhead there more visible as temperatures climb upwards. Water temperatures range from the upper 40s to the low 50s. There were two to four foot waves and small craft advisories in effect last Thursday and Friday in Milwaukee. Anglers at the McKinley Pier are looking for coho and chinook salmon, while brown trout were being landed behind Summerfest. Anglers in Racine County reported boaters and pier anglers landing brown trout as well as a few coho. At the Root River, water visibility was around 12 inches, with an improving steelhead bite and a few remaining suckers caught. Anglers in Kenosha saw more success for browns from the harbor than the south pier. Though no catches were reported from the Pike, the mouth of the river is open and visibility is good. Temperatures for these waters ranged from 47 to 54 degrees Fahrenheit. .
    • Spotted it on the way back from getting wood and tried to sneak up on it. 
    • Hawg - please take down my post - didn't mean to offend or break any rules     
    • I looked it up on google and found it but not the sprinkler it was $12.99. I don't remember what it was.
    • Just went home for lunch and....he's back.
    • Within the last few days the bluejays have discovered my suet cakes.   Also have a hairy woodpecker that has appeared recently. 
    • hmmm, they usually go fast here. use whatever works   I started breaking them in half. 
    • Nice to see Feider with an early limit. Hopefully he can find a kicker or two!
    • How in the world did this advertisement not get zapped?
    • Look great but the page is horrible, anybody figure out the price? The one in the video looks like a buzz bait, do they come in different tails or all the tails come with?  Anybody speak Japanese?
  • Our Sponsors