• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2007 Alumacraft sc navigator 175 with a 140 johnson 4stroke???

Hello Im looking to mabey buying a 2007 Alumacraft sc navigator 175 with a 140 johnson 4stroke and i was woundering what you guys think of this package??? How is the motor?? How fast would it go?? Is it dry??? thanks for the Info Im just so excited grin

Nice balanced rig for sure! I bet it would go about 45-48 mph gps speed, that might read 50+ on the speedo. Lots of people love that motor, but I am not familiar with it. The hull is great and solid. You will get wet on rough windy days, but all but the big glass boats would as well on real rough days like that.

Have fun with it!

A buddy of mine has a 115 johnson and loves it. I fished with him all last week at Lac Seul, he with his Johnson and me with my Yamaha 150 and I have to say his Johnson was just at quite as my Yamaha if not more so.

You'l like the layout. We have a fairly old TP175 and like it quite a bit but if I was getting one today I'd look really hard at the Navigator as well. My only suggestion would be to get as much HP as the boat or your wallet can stand. Not so much so you can break a land speed record, but if you ever end up with a fat guy or two as fishing partners its nice to have the power to get out of the hole. Its also just plain fun to drive fast! smile

I have a 2006 185 nav. with a 150 yamaha & T-8 kicker. Bought this package new in 2006. I was told by a couple different dealers that the 140 johnson was made by suzuki (same motor as there 140) a buddy of mine has the suzuki 140 4 stroke on his lund 1700 fisherman it is a very nice motor.

I'm assuming the motor is an '06 or '05. Suzuki did make Johnson 4 strokes up to 2006. I don't believe Johnson has a 140 4 stoke after that time (might be wrong.)

I've got a 175 TP cs with a 140 Suzi and a T8. I'll get 42-3 max by myself. I doubt you'll see over 45, definately not 50. BUT, you'll love that set up. Very nice boat and motor, IMO. Good luck.

Oh, ya, you'll get wet on a windy / wavey day if your going anything but directly with or against the waves. But still a lot better ride with the reverse chine and deep V than alot of aluminum boats I've been in, esp. if trimmed correctly.