• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Wireless Trolling Motors

RickyBobby

Thanks for the reply.

The Motor guide model I'm looking at has a wireless foot pedal that can be mounted on the deck. I was wondering if the wireless foot pedal operates reliably or has any other issues.

I don't have experience with wireless foot pedals but I do have a co-pilot which I run from a wireless remote and it works real well. No latency, no funny business. I can't speak for MotorGuide but my Minnkota is a treat. One thing I wish it had was a better user interface, as I don't know what my speed level is when turned on and have to go by feel...but thats not so bad.

There has been some nice reports on the Wireless pad. They all like htem becuase you dont have to have the key like the minn kota, and you can move the pad everywhere. Also, if they pad dont work, you can reprogram the pad so that it will work again. Its a nice setup if your looking to have wireless.

I just bought a new Crestliner that came equipped with the Motorguide trolling motor w/ the wireless foot pedal. I've only used it a few times so far because the boats only been wet three times, but I love it!