• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

UGLY WEEKEND

bturck

Hope last week end is not a sign of how my summer is going to go. The wind roared across Knife Lake on Friday night about 500p, picking my lift up and depositing it on top of my dock. I saw it go in slow motion and nothing I could do. It looked like a road kill racoon with four legs straight up in the air. Anyway its out of the water, claim has been filed and about $4000 damage to lift, property and cost to have it removed. Sure glad I had a full bottle of Crown Royal on hand. Good luck this weekend, don't think I'll get out, have to put the new pieces together. Bill

I assume your boat was not on the lift when this happened. I always wait until I get my boat in the water and on the lift before I put the canopy cover on the lift. The weight of the boat should prevents this from happening (except in extreme cases of course).

Good luck with the lift.

Bummer Bill, I thought things looked a little strange over your way this past weekend. Well, at least you know a good insurance man! I put my stuff in on Sunday. With the lake level up, the end of the dock is almost underwater and the boat isn't out of the water very much on the lift. I could have adjusted them but I figure the lake will go down soon (I hope).

I'll swing by in the boat this weekend and give you the report if I see you out. Dave

P.S. - even though I don't have a canopy on my lift, I weight it down with sandbags on the bottom front so that it stays put when the boat isn't on it.

Here's a thought on turning it around - cut up the stuff after the insurance company has inspected it. take it to a salvage yard and cash in on it. The aluminum is getting decent prices. At least you'll be able to pay for another bottle of Crown Royal.