Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
bturck

UGLY WEEKEND

Hope last week end is not a sign of how my summer is going to go. The wind roared across Knife Lake on Friday night about 500p, picking my lift up and depositing it on top of my dock. I saw it go in slow motion and nothing I could do. It looked like a road kill racoon with four legs straight up in the air. Anyway its out of the water, claim has been filed and about $4000 damage to lift, property and cost to have it removed. Sure glad I had a full bottle of Crown Royal on hand. Good luck this weekend, don't think I'll get out, have to put the new pieces together. Bill

I assume your boat was not on the lift when this happened. I always wait until I get my boat in the water and on the lift before I put the canopy cover on the lift. The weight of the boat should prevents this from happening (except in extreme cases of course).

Good luck with the lift.

That is a bummer Bill.. If I was closer to your place I'd help ya with that Crown eh!!

You're gonna be around these parts in June?

Hang on!

Norm

Bummer Bill, I thought things looked a little strange over your way this past weekend. Well, at least you know a good insurance man! I put my stuff in on Sunday. With the lake level up, the end of the dock is almost underwater and the boat isn't out of the water very much on the lift. I could have adjusted them but I figure the lake will go down soon (I hope).

I'll swing by in the boat this weekend and give you the report if I see you out. Dave

P.S. - even though I don't have a canopy on my lift, I weight it down with sandbags on the bottom front so that it stays put when the boat isn't on it.

The guy that puts my dock and boat left in WILL NOT put the cover on until the boat is on the lift as he has seen this happen to many times. He just comes back latter to put on.

Here's a thought on turning it around - cut up the stuff after the insurance company has inspected it. take it to a salvage yard and cash in on it. The aluminum is getting decent prices. At least you'll be able to pay for another bottle of Crown Royal.