• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

If your life depended on one jig. . . . .

Lets say you are stranded on a frozen island with . . . . (use your imagination here, ie: beer, pretty woman, more beer, another pretty woman) The lake only has walleyes, and they are kinda picky. (the woman you chose has been nagging at you and got them scared) and you had one jig or technique that you had to survive on, what would it be?

It would have to be a green swedish pimple. By far that has been my old reliable lure when times are tough. Could I have my fl-8 too? I would also need some big fatheads from Vados.

That would have to be a plain hook, and a minnow. Many, many times, when I'm jigging with a spoon, fish will swim up, look at the spoon, and within 30 seconds, the bobber, or dead stick I have set up right next door will go. Spoons are great for active fish, and I use them a lot, in fact, every time I walleye fish. But, when the chips are down, and the fish are nuetral, plain hook and minnow does the trick. Not the preferred method, of course, but, you did say we need to survive, right?

Set the Hook!!

Lundman

Lunar grub jig/ ice buster bobber combo. Had more luck on the pink/glow 1/32oz? jig than any other for using minnows. Wax worm on noodle rod with a plain hook and split shot is a close first. 10 degrees today with a high of 12 degrees tommorrow low of zero to -5 degrees tommorrow for detroit lakes. The good ice is comming.

Nickel finish Swedish Pimple with the glow tape. I have a tackle box with a few hundred bucks worth of ice fishing lures, jigs, spoons, raps, etc. and nearly always fish with just the nickle/glow pimple.

It used to be all about the Swedish Pimple for me. Now it is the Vingla silver and chartruese. - falls just a little slower- It is the lure I start with and that I usually finish with.

MN

Flash, kick, & wobble under the ice often pulls in the most fish day or night so a spoon style lure would be the best choice for me.

I have a very hard time just picking one lure, although this season the new Little Angle Eye spoon has my vote but very closely followed by or tied with the Phelps "Glo" Spoon.

They have the action options to pull in predators and/or panfish, very versatile lures.

------------------
"Ed on the Red"
Backwater Guiding Service
[email protected]
fishingminnesota.com/ed-on-the-red/