• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

question for the experts

jigemup

just bought indy 500 only had so much money set aside for sled i weigh around 240 and my wife is 140 sled runs like a dream but was wondring if this sled can handle two riders for about a 30 mile jaunt across lake of the woods i know it wont be the most comfortable ride but was just wondering if the sled can handle it

Yes.

I wouldn't hesitate to do it myself on a 500.

Might just want to make sure everything is functioning efficiently in the cooling system. I had a 500 that overheated twice on me scorching a cylinder each time.

Mine is a '93 Indy 500 LC, I weigh around 200, with the wife strapped on, (she's around 150), it is hard to keep it under 30 mph so she doesn't come off... Plenty of power, handling OK. It's a little tight, but that's togetherness! Remember to stretch now and then. A backrest might be nice.

jigemup,

You may also want to consider setting your rear shocks a bit stiffer for the extra weight, so that your not bottoming out the tunnel on bumps. Watch for pressure cracks too. Have gone from long point up to Garden island a few times. Take a gps if at all possible and a backup compass, it all looks the same if your not on the staked trails out there and a blow comes up.

If your going to do it often I would look into a set of heavy duty spings for the rear, especially if you find yourself bottoming out at all...it would not be required though.

If you have the money you could also into a seatjack for more sitting space....if needed. They are a little spendy and run around $400...

Yes. GPS is a MUST! As for the ride, Tighten your rear spring as tight as allowed. If it's still too loose, a new shock isn't all that expensive. I don't know how much you know about sleds, but the forward rear shock handles the load. Simply turn the spring tighter and wallah!

But a word of caution...Tighten your spring all the way, and you could break something in the suspension.