• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

'91 lund angler livewell timer?

Big Dave2

Question

I have a '91 Lund Angler that I bought used a couple of years ago and I just recently realized that the livewell pump switch has a 2 way switch. When I turn the switch in the down position it fills the livewell but if I put it in the up position it does nothing. My question is, does my boat have a livewell timer and it just doesn't work? Or does it just have the switch enabling an aftermarket timer to be installed? If so, where do I buy this timer? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Dave

8 answers to this question

Dave,

I have the same set up and the same switch. Mine works the same way as your's with the switches working only one way. Never did figure that one out myself.

Jeff

Have you guys tried to switch to auto then wait few minutes ?

It might work.

The timer for it is a round "barrel" approx 1" diameter, red color, should be behind gauges or together with wiring behind dash.

There is no auto setting. In fact no "off or on" for that matter either. Push the switch up and it turns on down is dead and the middle is off. I have a tiller model.

next time on the lake fill your livewell and switch the switch to the other position and wait it might take 3 to 5 min. to work since it is a timer and it should turn back on for 15 to 30 seconds then turn off again..hope this works for you guys..

The switch is a two way switch. A timer can be added to the one side if you want. Other wise this switch is only hot in the up position. I have had this boat for a long time.

Thanks for the info Jeff. Where do you think a guy could get such a timer? A lund dealer maybe? They sell livewell timers in the cabella's and bass pro shops catalogs but they have the switch built in. I just thought it would be nice to use the switch that is already there.
Thanks, Dave

Big Dave2,I just bought a live well timer made by Rig Rite.But my origianal timer was fine, just a loose wire.
If your intrested in buying a new one, let me know.I can't return the one I just bought to Hanneys as I opened the package before takeing the old one out.
I paid $39.50 for it, it is the type that comes on every three minute for 30 seconds at a time, or you can run it full on either way.
I would sell it for $39.00 and I will cover the mailing fee.
If you wish to buy your oun new on any boat shop should have them.
Rig Rite has the other type as well, it is adjustable as to length of time between run.
Thanks, Benny

I havent had good luck with the factor Lund timers. I replaced mine with a solid state timer that I got at Hannay's. I'm going on three years and use it every time I fish. Hasn't failed me yet. I think I paid around $50.

------------------
Mille Lacs Guide Service
651-271-5459
www.millelacsguideservice.com