• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Slug Season

Hoey

With all the moist and cool weather, the slugs are having a feast on our garden plants.  My wife asked me to look over some plants that the insects were destroying.  Upon inspection, this is what we found - slugs.  The vegetables treated with slug bait were fine.  It was the flowers, asters, marigolds, pole beans, etc. that were untreated and weakened by some hail were experiencing a slow death.  Check this photo out of the slugs.  These were white like extra large maggots.  They are all treated and coming back strong.

IMG_3550.thumb.JPG.e2e3c0de1c8e2133da686193863adb72.JPGIMG_3552.thumb.JPG.6506b9482f7257e5634dcec6e08ea3c3.JPG

1 hour ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Sheesh. 

I clicked on this from the recent topics page thinking there was a new deer hunting thread...... 

Get a spray bottle with a salt solution and give them a shower. I think water with Dawn soap might be an option

Bahaha, was checking to see what the new slug for deer hunting maybe, also?  :lol: