Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

river rat316

Flipping Jig Review

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Chris you should just tie your own jigs.....

im all seriousness, nice review, the only jig in your group I fish is the AT jig, I like to trim the top skirt and turn it into a "finesse" cut jig, paint is just so so when in rock, but it does stand up nice, which is important to me as I don't "flip" a jig that much rather use a jig in open water and like a jig that stays upright and doesn't roll over. 

Edited by Todd S.

Great review! Ive used the AT jig and the hack attack. The AT jigs use to be my go to jig and still use it. The only complaint I had with it was that the rattles fall out pretty easily. Not a big deal though

I have used the AT jig (though I don't anymore, really) the Hack Attack (still gets regular use), but the Scott Canterbury Dirty Jigs flippin' jig is my current favorite.

Thanks for the jig review. I use the AT Grassmaster jig more than the AT Rattlin jig. Guess I fish weeds more than rock. Maybe throw in an OutKast or the old Jungle Jig next time just for kicks!

Outkast are great jigs just getting to be a little pricey. $6 for the RTX jig. No thanks

Yeah, they are steeper. Last year Cabelas had a 25% off sale on them so I tried a few RTX's. I did have one where the weed guard fell out. I emailed them and they replaced it no problem. Glad they stand behind them. Now I got an extra head to use for paddle tails!!

My original goal was to keep all the jigs under $5 for this review, then I screwed up when ordering the NuTech and ordered the elite which was $5.50. I also wanted to review flipping jigs and not grass jigs, the RTX will be included in an actual grass jig video. I am also going to do a review of the "smaller" manufacturers like NorthStar and a couple others, I feel they are in a different class then these jigs.

thatoneguy likes this

Check out M-Pack jigs Chris. I fished they have a unique weed guard that Mark Pack came up with. Used them down on Fork this year and they come thru timber rather well. Pretty spendy though. 

On 4/20/2017 at 1:25 PM, RuddyDuck said:

Thanks for the jig review. I use the AT Grassmaster jig more than the AT Rattlin jig. Guess I fish weeds more than rock. Maybe throw in an OutKast or the old Jungle Jig next time just for kicks!

I use the Grassmaster a lot too. Both are quality jigs, I rarely throw any other.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Sure seems like a nice little bait. Takes the topwater frog to a whole new level.
    • They talked today about the D inability to find shooting lanes....I like Reilly's ability to walk the blueline with the puck and shoot quickly...maybe he could help...but he is not physical by any means... BB stated he wants a big physical Dman for starters.
    •   Good stuff...the main diff between Chicago and Mn was the way the Bowman took ownwership of the problem and Fletch did as expected today and blamed a hot goaltender, danced around pointed questions...he did however admit we are in a tough position with the Cap and few draft choices but steered clear of ownership to that problem....did you listen in by chance...it was almost laughable
    • BB, I cant say I disagree with any of those observations. They didn't produce when it counts. That is what really matters, but it isn't the first time that teams excel in the regular season and flop come playoff time and it certainly isn't something that is isolated to the Wild. The Hawks get some slack because they have won 3 cups in the last 7 years, but fact is they have been bounced in the last 2 1st rounds too. By that, they are no better than us. We will see what happens to the Caps. They have a tough draw with the Pens this round, but its not a stretch to say they will get bounced 2 years in a row and be the Presidents Cup winner. Lots of teams have that issue. Anaheim has had that tendency too. Playoffs are a whole different animal. The team makeup that works in the regular season usually doesn't translate well in the playoffs. I agree the Wild need more beef. Staal certainly helped, but they are far from a heavy team especially on the back end with our D. Early on I thought we had one of the deepest D corps in the league. Looking at them in this playoff series they looked weak. We needed a guy like Folin to step in and play some minutes and make a difference, but he was shell-shocked in his first playoff game. I don't think we have much help in that area in Iowa either. The heaviest guy we have Seeler, is a liability big time and I don't know if he will ever make it up to the big club.
    • You can pre-order on a Japanese web site ... i almost did but got spooked out with all the Japanese language and had no idea how to translate and know what shipping and price was LOL     i want one but will wait!!!  so many lures and not enough time
    • Wow .. Sprinkler!!  Wonder where and when we can get one!!
    • Thanks for the advice guys...keep it coming!   Much appreciated before I make a pretty expensive investment.   Ref
    •   I stated they are better than 3/4 yrs ago compared to themselves...my point is the Wild are far from a top tier top 8 team when it counts come playoff playoff time...period...no arguing what just happened.  BB was very vocal in the Presser..."we need to get Bigger/Stronger" and Fletch missed that boat time and time again. Career Years are great personal stats...am I happy for Granlund, Staal, Nino...yes...but personal stats only gets you more personal $$, but if those stats don't translate into team goals they are all for naught....and every NHL Player will tell you that. They did exceed my reg season projection but their true colors showed losing in the first round so over all I was spot on  IMO this team will be missing more than one of these "career year" guys by the start of the new season if BB has more say...and I am getting the feeling he will be getting more say on personel.
  • Our Sponsors