Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

steffanf

Looking for a new fiberglass boat

4 posts in this topic

I re-posting this because I put it in the wrong forum.  Anyway, I'm looking for purchase a new fiberglass fishing boat, but having a tough time finding a suitable model.  Basically, I'm looking for one under 20' (18.5' to 20' max; 19' optimal), prefer a deep-v with a walk-through windshield, can clear a standard-height garage and be able to accommodate 9' fishing rods.  Is there such a beast, or am I SOL?

-Gregg B.

Plenty of options if you are willing to give up the 9' rod storage.  Center rod storage on the Skeeters and Pro V GL are 7'6'' yarcraft makes an 18' boat with 8' center storage.  9' storage under 20' is going to be difficult unless you don't mind stuffing them on the side.....

You need to tell what you mean by "standard" garage height garage door. I think 8' is standard for me, but 7' is for many people. What do you have? Just about anything will fit a 8' door, but 7' might get tight for some windshields or even motors, depending upon how the hitch on tow vehicle is set up.

How deep is the garage?  19 foot boat and what, 3 feet for the motor, little more for even a folding tongue on trailer. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Thanks for the advice guys...keep it coming!   Much appreciated before I make a pretty expensive investment.   Ref
    •   I stated they are better than 3/4 yrs ago compared to themselves...my point is the Wild are far from a top tier top 8 team when it counts come playoff playoff time...period...no arguing what just happened.  BB was very vocal in the Presser..."we need to get Bigger/Stronger" and Fletch missed that boat time and time again. Career Years are great personal stats...am I happy for Granlund, Staal, Nino...yes...but personal stats only gets you more personal $$, but if those stats don't translate into team goals they are all for naught....and every NHL Player will tell you that. They did exceed my reg season projection but their true colors showed losing in the first round so over all I was spot on  IMO this team will be missing more than one of these "career year" guys by the start of the new season if BB has more say...and I am getting the feeling he will be getting more say on personel.
    • We just got shut out down by Caledonia also so don't feel bad and we've been turkey hunting since 1980.  We were on private land also but found the birds still flocked up.  We had flocks of 12 - 15 birds we were trying to work and it didn't work.  2 out of 3 could have shot jakes and we all had plays that just did not work out.  That's turkey hunting.
    • I have mapped but never submitted it to be processed. However I have downloaded maps from insight and used them. They work good if your willing to go thru the extra step to download them. If I remember correctly you will have to choose them in chart options or it will just show your regular insight map. The real nice thing is they are free!   I mostly use Navionics I find I like them better than the insight maps & its easier to download user generated maps.
    • Do you know if the GPS tracker part works without cell service? I think that is going to be my biggest issue, I don't know if I can track another phone from my phone without cell signal.
    • Come on BB, you don't have to be positive or a homer to realize this team is light years better than they were 3/4 years ago. The results haven't changed, but that isn't saying they haven't improved. 3/4 years ago we had young guys like Brodin, Haula, Coyle, Nino just getting their wings. This year they had career years in many cases. That is precisely what we have been hoping/waiting for them to do. The way you talk it seems like you forget that the NHL playoffs are best of 7 series. That's a long grind for any team to make and you have to have a lot of luck and some guys playing out of their mind to make it to the finals. I'm not happy they lost in 5 to the Blues, but I'm not giving up on this team either. They do need to make changes, which will reshape this team for next season. Pump some more youth into the lineup and we could certainly have some up and down next year. Like I said before, go back and see our predictions for where they would finish at the beginning the of the season. I am pretty sure I said they would finish like 5th place. Finishing 2nd all things considered, was a pleasant surprise, but guess what, everyone whined about it! LOL
    • Possible but I'm not sure who owns what patent.
    • For those of you that have not seen this yet. This will be making it's way into my frog box    
    • Have any of you guys tried the Stanley ribbit frogs?  I picked up a couple of packs at my local wally world for a $1 a pack.   On a side note I saw a video of Jacob Wheeler talking about using a buzzbait and putting a biffle bug on it instead of a skirt, he mentioned that they hit it better and hold on to it a little longer since there is some mass there.  I wonder if a zoom horny toad would work for that as well since the biffle bugs are expensive.
    • HAs anyone here used this software to map your lakes?  Has anyone downloaded the lakes that are on the shared cloud?  I have a hook 7 and some of the lakes around have been mapped, it would be nice to download them and use that instead of the other map.
  • Our Sponsors