• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

V Front or Square Front

fishinfan

Thinking about building a new Fish House.

Does a "V" Front really make that big of a difference in towing?

Campers aren't "V" front so just wondering. I think I could utilize space a lot better with a regular square front.

I doubt they make much difference in towing, and the actual research says that they don't, and may be worse.  Do a search for "frontal area" on your favorite search engine for an explanation.

I like the V front for the bathroom area.  It works out to be about the perfect amount of space.   

27 minutes ago, Lip_Ripper Guy said:

I doubt they make much difference in towing, and the actual research says that they don't, and may be worse.  Do a search for "frontal area" on your favorite search engine for an explanation.

I like the V front for the bathroom area.  It works out to be about the perfect amount of space.   

That is my experience although not with fish houses but observations towing cargo trailers. 

my old house was a 6.5 x 12' (No V front) with an outside 2x4' in front for bathroom.   I really didn't notice any difference in towing it.  I know a guy who had his house built with about 2' wide V in front which opens the entire area up quite a bit and he wishes now he would have went 3' wide.  And this still gives you plenty of space on the V to put your LP tanks.     Wish I would have done that on my new 8x16'.   The little gas the V front may save you, to me is not worth the value of that extra space.

Edited by kudu63

21 hours ago, fishinfan said:

I think I could utilize space a lot better with a regular square front.

The V front gives you extra space from a square front, so how would you better utilize the space as you are actually losing space?  At minimum you could just wall off the V and put a door so you can use it for storage. 

The IC Northern Pike model is that way, but uses the front as a bathroom, but you could use it for that and/or for storage.  Worth looking into IMO.  

Edited by bigwalleye30