• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any new gadgets at the Ice Show?

Hawg

Besides all the new rods, reels, clothes, etc I always like the small booths with the guys that have invented any small gadgets. For those of you going why not post some pictures of the new stuff. A good example is the Slush Copter for cleaning holes a few years back, one of the most useful things I've ever bought. The small stuff was the fun stuff for me.

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 0:14 PM, rl_sd said:

I am not going to make it, but if someone could check these guys out and give me some hands on feedback I would appreciate it...

http://www.linealarm.com/

I stopped by his booth, chatted a bit. Selling for $20. Design is simple with few parts, AAA battery holder, buzzer, LED and Contact tab which also acts as an on/off switch. Works well, easy to put the line between the contact points, 80db alarm, sealed so it floats. Need to remove 2 screws to replace batteries. Battery life depends on number of fish you catch. Alarm and LED from China because no on in USA makes them anymore. All other parts US made.

Most of his cost is in his recent 2 part injection mold buy this year with an injection molder in Wisconsin. He stated it was about the price of a new car so about $20k. His ROI is looking like it should cap this year and price will drop, maybe by end of ice season. Very nice up-front open guy doing this out of his residence in Maple Lake area.

The photos on his FAQ page shows all views of the unit.

interesting, ive seen a similar line alarm on display at long point at their front desk. cliped to the rod and line fed thru 2 contact points. dont know who made that one. night fishi g tho one would have a tendency to mistake it for the fire alarm.lol

There was a couple guys that were launching a new jig box that instead of foam it had rubber for the hook placement in the box and a magnetic closure. Picked one up for $10 and it looks to be pretty nice and a nice design.

Also up on the 2nd floor there were 3 guys selling Geniejar. A mobile minnow/bait jar that had a float and basket inside it so it raised the bait out of the water and also could be used to strain and refill the jar. Pretty trick I though, well thought out design.

2 hours ago, Chaws said:

There was a couple guys that were launching a new jig box that instead of foam it had rubber for the hook placement in the box and a magnetic closure. Picked one up for $10 and it looks to be pretty nice and a nice design.

Also up on the 2nd floor there were 3 guys selling Geniejar. A mobile minnow/bait jar that had a float and basket inside it so it raised the bait out of the water and also could be used to strain and refill the jar. Pretty trick I though, well thought out design.

I'm curious about the GenieJar.  Looks like there is a 30oz and a 17oz version.  I wonder how it works in fairly cold weather.  The nice thing about styrofoam is that it insulates against the entire water mass freezing into a minnow-sicle.  I wonder if they recommend throwing it inside your jacket or something. 

5 dollar bubbler, 5 dollar cooler and the theft of my wifes hot glue gun for 5 minutes and I have a minnow bucket that keeps them cool in the summer and wont freeze in the winter.  toss in a 94 cent scoop that hangs from a string and that's a price that's hard to beat at the store.

5 hours ago, Moon Lake Refuge said:

5 dollar bubbler, 5 dollar cooler and the theft of my wifes hot glue gun for 5 minutes and I have a minnow bucket that keeps them cool in the summer and wont freeze in the winter.  toss in a 94 cent scoop that hangs from a string and that's a price that's hard to beat at the store.

How bout some Free pictures? :)

1 hour ago, leech~~ said:

How bout some Free pictures? :)

It's up at the lake but I'll try and grab them next time.  Wally World has a perfect mini cooler with a hatch in the top.  Just rip the hatch off, drill a hole through the lid, fish your bubbler line through and glue the bubbler down... battery latch up!:eek: