Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .

I am new to kayaks but would like to buy one for fishing, can you please advise me  ?  I have been advised to get a sit on top . I would like a 2 person unit. I was told to get a Big Tuna but they are very pricey and I don't want to spend that much . I will need to order online as there are no retailers in my area . What are some options ?

Thanks

This is a bit like asking the "Ford/Chevy/Dodge" or "marcum/vexilar" question.

The best recomendation I can give is try several before you buy any. If you have friends with kayaks try them. If you can try them at a store do it. Don't hesitate to take one off the rack, put it on the floor and sit in it. 

I have 3 kayaks in my shed, all are "sit in" style. I tend to prefer that style of Kayak, I am considering a "sit on" for my next one, but i am also looking at some of the hybrid styles as well. One of my boats is heavily modified to use for Duck Hunting @ 12'. Then I have my "fishing" Kayak witch will also be modified once my daughter can handle a larger boat. Its also 12', but smaller than the other one. Finally I have a 10'er that is the gooses boat.

The Sit-In boats are going to be lighter than the double hulled Sit-On boats. It's a matter of design. My 12' boats are around 55lbs before modifications. The average sit on 12'er is going to be close to 75lbs before any mod's are done.

Some of the Sit-On boats are stable enough to stand up in. In a sit-in style you will be seated all day. 

Sit on boats are easier to get in and out of.

Both will get water in them. The Sit in boats will get water in them and it will be there until you bail it out. Sit on usually have scupper holes so you can drain the water out buy pulling a plug. (note that this will also allow water in, but it will not sink the boat due to the double hull design)

It comes down to personal preference, but its a lot of money out the window if you get one you dont like.

Thanks for the input . I have been mulling it around all day and have come to terms with the price, so I have sold myself on a Big Tuna . I will try to get to a city and find a store just to have a look before making the plunge