Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

bassfshin24

Speed/Vibe worm?

7 posts in this topic

How many of you guys throw these? I've never thrown one before and have noticed this year in the first couple Elite tourneys that a lot of guys throw them. A lot of them just slowly reel them in. I spoke with a fishing buddy about this recently and he said he always has one tied on. I sure hope I haven't been missing out on something. 

I picked some up a few years ago to try and honestly don't know if I've got a fish on one.  Love the idea behind them but I dunno if I'm just not using them when I should.

I see most guys just reel them on right under the surface and through the grass. The idea of them seems great! 

I have never tossed one but I would imagine t-rigged it would produce!

Never tried one of those, but years ago I would just reel a t-rigged worm over pads in the northern lakes. It always caught some fish. Back then the article I read about it, called it, "Speed Wormin". That's the fun thing with baits, so many different ways to fish them. I never swam worms alot otherwise, but I'm sure it would work.

Edited by RuddyDuck

I gave them a try a few years back, found swimbaits to be more productive for me.

Just got Back from Fleet Farm in Baxter here and they have a bunch of the Yum Speedworms on clearance for 50% off so I bought 5-6 packs.  Need to do more testing I guess :)