• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Anyone useing a tailgater on their RV

Walleyehooker

Thinking about getting one of these for my RV to use in the summer. Do you mount it on the roof or set it somewhere else? seems like putting it on the roof would be less likely to get stolen if sitting in one place for a while. I also have a house up north that would be nice to take it with and use it there when needed.

They are a bit spendy, but my buddy said the last time he was camping at Sturgis the guy next to him came out through one on the ground outside his Motorhome and was watching TV in about 5min's! :)

These are made to be more of a portable unit which may be a good thing with an RV if you get into a campsite with trees you can put it out in the open to get better reception. I believe they automatically lock in so there isn't any adjusting to get a signal.

Edited by Walleyehooker

12 hours ago, Walleyehooker said:

These are made to be more of a portable unit which may be a good thing with an RV if you get into a campsite with trees you can put it out in the open to get better reception. I believe they automatically lock in so there isn't any adjusting to get a signal.

Yep just set it down and it scans. It still has to find some kind of clean spot though.