• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

LX7 HELP !

fishinnut_3446

Took the Wife and Daughter out this morning went to turn on the Marcum, It powered up but nothing else? W T F!! This unit has only been used 1/2 doz. times. Unhooked the ducer and hooked back up, nothing.

Bought new this year and worked fine yesterday,today nothing!

Any thoughts?

I had the same issue on my LX9 last year. If you turn it on and put it in the dark can you see the blue lights on the keys? If so, I think it's shot because that's what happened to mine. I was told to take the battery leads off the battery and then tuch them together for 10 seconds. It didn't work for me but you could try it. I was just fishing with my cousin yesterday and his 9 was work fine the day before, went to turn it on and got a weird red screen, that turned to gray with a line running across it about 1/3 the way from the bottom, not good.

Like holmsvc mentioned, check your range setting.

Mine did the same thing until I found I was in the new "Manual Dynamic" range.

I manually set the range at a shallow lake and when I went to a deeper spot the following week, no bottom, no marks, etc. when I powered it up.

Thought my LX-7 was defective until I went to automatic dynamic range again....

Had the same exact issue. Its a bad diode. Gonna have to bring/send it in. Only took them less than 30 mins for mine. When the techs were talking after my explanation. One of them referred to the issue as 'R16' was bad.

Mine did the same thing when I got back to town from fishing up north. I was fishing different depth up there and I had hit the save button while I was up there so when I turned it on I had to reset all my things again. It worked perfect the rest of the day.