• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Auger Extensions

Question

I need an extension for my Jiffy auger and I see that they make a 6" - 12" adjustable extension as well as a standard 12". It seems like such a small difference between 6" and 12". Should I be getting the adjustable extension?

10 answers to this question

If you ever go to Lake of the Woods in March you will want one that can go to 12". I have a 12 in on mine for in my crank up fish house since it is so far off of the ground then I don't have to bend over so far when opening holes. I even have one that is about 18" long just incase. There is nothing worse than getting to where you want to fish and not be able to get thought the ice.

Thanks for the input guys! IcePro - Your argument made sense so I took your advice and got the adjustable. The fact that FleetFarm had no Jiffy auger extensions and Gander Mountain only had the adjustable made my decision a little easier.

I picked up a Strikemaster 12" extension today at Lakes Gas Co. 39th & Washington N.
Mpls. They had 3 of the 12 inchers left.
$7.99+ tax. They also had 20 inchers.
I think the guy said about $10 or $11 bucks.
Good Luck...

Thank you for your comments Icepro.
I posted the information because I've seen the same auger extensions going for $18 at a retailers name that is frequently posted through out this site. Just trying to pass along a savings to the members of this site that use strikemaster as do I.
Good Luck...