• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Displaying Already

bluehat28

I live in Sartell and was driving to work today, traffic stopped on Riverside.Looking around I was surprised to see 6 toms displaying for a hen. They had her surrounded she just kept eating and was oblivious to all their advances.I rolled down my window and gobbled as good as I could, They all answered right away.They keep replying as fast as I could gobble at them.I wish I had a video camera, this would have made a great Youtube video.Is it April yet?

bluehat

Well, it is a beautiful spring day. smile

Actually, I've seen them strut and gobble at all times of the year, but cabin fever is probably getting to them right now, just as it is for us.

I've noticed the past decade of winters or so the yoy toms strutting like crazy, saw this this AM, now every morning nearly on the gravel as I'm first car through every day they'll be on the gravel strutting up a storm, however where the mature toms are I'm not sure yet, these are just young guys.

Just like any guy they are always ready. I've called them in during the fall seasons strutting and gobbling. Also seen this before during the winter times too. It's all about the ladies as it's for most of us.

Can't wait till March 31st I will be in NE with the bow. Get this season going .

My find was a few years ago. I watched him the last couple years still. Rubs up the trees in my landowners front yard. Not from north central. Many bigger sheds found since this guy. Sure is fun when I could see him on a regular basis. Top one on the link Matchset posted this one not sure where he got it from. Had a friend hold it so she could make it look bigger.whistle

http://www.hotspotoutdoors.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2527978/17

Saw a tom showing off for the ladies this weekend up by Badoura...Saw two different hens that were miles apart crossing the road (MN hwy 87). I think those birds on the extreme northern end of the MN range are having trouble with the deep snow. I know I haven't seen singles like that back home in the MN and Cannon River valley areas.