• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Table Rock in Mid-June

Going on a family get together this June. Looking for any guidance from anyone that has fished this lake. Can you tell me what to expect for fish availability, i.e. what is the learing curve?

Any other tips would be very much appreciated.

I've only fished it a couple of times, and it was in July. Surface water temps were above 90, so fishing was very tough. The bigger fish we did find were suspended in deep water chasing schools of shad/baitfish. We were able to catch all three species (largemouth, smallmouth, spotted), but I definitely didn't master it. We started in the bays fishing shallow cover and when that only produced dinks we tried to fish deep cover(flooded timber) but weren't having much luck there either. We ended up fishing the main lake, watching for baitfish schools getting pushed to the surface, and would fish topwater or cranks in those areas. We managed to catch some fish but nothing amazing.

I get the impression that water temp is going to dictate fish location and your productivity more than any other factor in the summer. I was fishing with a local down there and he admitted that when I was there it was some of the toughest fishing he'd had there. This may not be great info, but it's what I got. I'd try talking to the local bait stores or any other local fisherman you can find when you get there to see what the word is.

What's the word on Beaver? That may be in the works instead of Tablerock, as there are more resorts (that aren't already booked). I see it must be a good striper fishery, but was wondering on the learning curve to green bass, brown bass, and walleye.

Sorry I probably can't be much help yet. Just moved here late last fall - just in time to get my boat on the lift The Striper fishing is suppposed to be very good - not many fish, but very, very large. I would guess the learning curve to Beaver would be steeper than Tablerock. It has pretty good black bass, but not as good as Tablerock. Also has some smallies, some walleye,and Brown and Rainbow Trout below the dam.

That's good news!!

Planned on doing a guided fishing day down there this coming weekend( going down to visit my son ), but changed my mind. Making the short trip from Springfield to Flippin Ark. to tour the Ranger boat factory. grin

Didn't do any fishing. Went to the Ranger factory instead! Wow! I was in dream land!! But sad that i knew i couldn't afford any of them!! cry Did find out that they now also build the Stratos and Triton glass boats. Same parent company.

Highly recommend a tour if your in that areas!