• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish Replicas

iffwalleyes

Question

Just was wondering if any of you could recommend a good place to get a good fish replica of a fish a buddy of mine caught and released this past weekend. It was a very nice 9lb 5 oz 30 inch walleye. We wanted to release it so we got pictures took the measurements and back in the lake she when. If any of you have any experience good or bad with any it is appreciated. If you know of any in the Fargo Moorhead area that would even be better. If you could get up the name that would be great if possible the phone number or e-mail would be nice. Thanks in advance.

7 answers to this question

Tom Halverson, Halverson Taxidermy in Fargo mounted a deer head for me. He was working on a fish replica when I was there once. Call him @ 701-235-5275. He does nice work and very nice guy.

A few years back I read an article about a guy in the Duluth area that makes replicas. Sounds like he does nice work and that he garauntees them for life and will repair them even if they fall off the wall and break a fin-I still haven't caught a worthy fish to call him but I bet you could find him by asking around in the Duluth forums or yellow pages. Congrats on the CPR!-catch, photo, replicate. Tight lines
redhooks

Call Artistic Anglers. I have not seen work better than theirs. Better yet go to the large Minneapolis Sports show at the MPls. convention Center in late March early April. Artisitc Anglers always has a both with a large dispay of their work and they usually run a show special that is $2/inch less.