• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help with flipstyle shack selection

rod bender

Question

I know this is an age old question but I'm still searching for the answer. I've got the fish trap guide, Otter cabin, Eskimo Quickflip II and a few others to choose from. I've also heard that Scheels carries a Polarsport that is similar to the Otter. True?????? Help me out with this choice please. Any pros and cons on any or all would help.

7 answers to this question

Rod Bender,

My vote would be to go with Shoremaster. They have quality products and the one thing I really like about their shacks is the longer rubberized apron for holding the canvas down on the ice. Depending on what model you purchase they have double doors and I believe all models have windows. With all that in mind their prices are very competive. These houses are designed by fisherman.

Jeff
Scenic Tackle

i have a F.T. voyager and am very happy w/it. i can get 3 guys in it 1 hole each and have no prob. i like the level bench which saves alot on being shoulder to shoulder.also it is a little lighter than the otter w/ the heavier sled although the otter probably tows behind a atv or sled better but i did'nt like the raised front end . you've got lots of choices out there but most will suit your needs hope i helped.

I looked at all of them and decided on the Otter Magnum Lodge. It has super durable canvas, an awesome tub, good headroom, room for two, easy take-down/set up, and made in the USA. It may be a little more expensive, but I will have it for years! Just my opinion and 2-cents worth.

coldasice

I have a fishtrap2 and like it except for one thing and that is the height. i sometimes hit the ceiling when setting the hook if i am jigging up higher. i dont know if the guides are any taller. anybody else have this problem?

How much are the otter houses? I am looking for a one to three man shelter. I have a frabill ranger ultralite now but i want to have room for another person. I was also wondering how the sled/skin options work. I was thinking about using the sled for hunting so a bigger one would be nice.
deadeye