• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hub system on a drop down!?

Meat-Run

I was wondering if anybody has thought of this? Putting a 6X12 or any size for that matter hub system fish house on a drop down frame? You wouldn't neccessarly drive down the road with it but you would erect the house on the frame once you are located on your favorite lake. The cost savings and benefit of utilizing the trialer year round and ice fising with it make it more cost efficient, what are your thoughts, is this the next million dollar idea?

mr

The thing that would make this nice for some people that maybe can't afford a full hard house is that it can be pulled with a smaller vehicle and still get out in some areas where pulling a heavier house would not be possible. Also, if you used the bigger Dbl Hub house you could pack in the whole family. It could be used on a cheaper straight trailer by just using hole tubes to fish in which would save the cost of a drop trailer. It's still a do able idea. wink

Do you have any picks? It's an interesting concept if you aren't dropping $2000 on a frame, but I'm still not sold.

no pics. It is 8x12. I used angle iron for the frame and laid down three 4x8 sheet of plywood for the floor I originally built it with 1/4" walls, but that proved to be too heavy.

I intend to tear off all the sides and use angle iron to make a cube out of the frame. Bear in mind that while flimsy as a 8x12 floor, once it is a cube (8x8x12) it will be rigid.

I used a 10 foot iron pipe as the axle, then welded up some drop down, levered style wheels. Even with the 1/4" walls, I can raise it and lower it myself with just the lever (~5') and my weight.

I'll create a nice rendering later.

I intend to tear off all the sides and use angle iron to make a cube out of the frame. Bear in mind that while flimsy as a 8x12 floor, once it is a cube (8x8x12) it will be rigid.

Sounds like a plan, but I dont think I'd make it 8 ft tall. You'll never get it in or out of a garage (or if you sell it). about 6.5-7 ft should be plenty.