Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
kg2

Humminbird Down Imaging Software

This software is supposed to be released today. It should be on Humminbird's site. Click on support and then log in. You'll need a card reader and an SD card.

I think that Cabelas will do it... At least they have always been good to me in the past (Olski). smile Bird also has a new Lakemaster chip upgrade... But you have to buy a new LM chip, the lowrance ones wont work...

I think that Cabelas will do it... At least they have always been good to me in the past (Olski). smile Bird also has a new Lakemaster chip upgrade... But you have to buy a new LM chip, the lowrance ones wont work...

good to know!

thanks for the information KG2

The Cabelas in Owatonna will be doing updates. They have the Lakemaster updates on their display 788 and 1197 and they showed me the new Lakemaster chip. Looks very nice.

The 797 WILL support Down Imaging and LakeMaster features! This is huge news to some. Initially they didn't think the 797 had enough memory but special code was written in the memory buffer section to accommodate the new features.

Software updates include:

-DownImaging

-SwitchFire

-New Down Looking Color Palettes

-New Side Imaging Color Palettes

-LakeMaster Cards

-4 Times Faster GPS Updates

I really dont think you would need it for up front.. once you have the t-mot down and you are in the zone, how much do you really pay attention to your chip? Scotty Peterson and I were just talking about this last night at the Sportshow.

I use my map a lot in the front. Looking for what direction a break turns or you know when to expect an inside turn so you can position boat differently...

Can't remember the last time I was in the zone on the water smile

Dude, both chips will give you the information above.. One however will do better on lake X.. the other will maybe do better on lake Y.. so you put one in your helm.. one up front.. and switch it depending on which lake you are on..

WHY ARE YOU MAKING THIS SO HARD.. .

for those of you who think I am being harsh.. Cec and I are good friends and I am just playin with him.