Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Brade4

2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Supercharged

As stated above, they have 240 FWHP stock.

[Note from admin: Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

Filter alone probably isn't worth much in terms of power gain.

A friend of mine has a Bonneville SSEi with a bunch of power tweaks. That thing goes pretty good for a bigger car.

The Bonneville SSEi and the Grand Prix Supercharged both have the 3800 with a supercharger on them.

Gutting the airbox will get you around 5-7 more HP, and a pretty decent sound to it.

The problem with the K&N filters is that when you have to clean and re-oil them, it's too easy to put too much oil on them. That extra oil is what gets up the air tube and clogs things up. They aren't necessarily bad though. If you decide to get one, it's pretty easy to pop out the MAF sensor, inspect it to make sure there isn't anything building up on it, and give it a spray with some MAF cleaner to be sure. If you really overdid it with the oil, you would have problems for sure. The filter itself probably won't do much, but you would notice something from the CAI.

A better option would be to get an undersized supercharger pulley. It's a pretty popular mod on your engine. Most people go with a 3.4" pulley. This mod will make the supercharge spin faster, giving you more boost. They say 25-30hp more. The pulley itself is under $100, but you need a specialize tool if you want to do it right. Still, it's more bang for your buck than the intake mod.

The Bonneville SSEi and the Grand Prix Supercharged both have the 3800 with a supercharger on them.

Gutting the airbox will get you around 5-7 more HP, and a pretty decent sound to it.

Yeah, I understand about using the same/similar supercharged engine. I was only saying he's gone further than just air cleaners, with custom PROM work, compressor pulleys, exhaust, injector flow match, tranny work, etc., etc.

Dunno how it is on the Pontiacs, but I've mostly gutted the air intake on my '91 Z-28 Camaro. The caution for that car is to be careful in the rain/water puddles because the resulting splash can soak the air filters with the baffles removed.

Not a big deal for me because the Camaro gets driven only in nice weather, but on a daily driver it might be a different story.

Theres another mod along those lines I see people typing about. Not sure what 3.8's specifically but they install aftermarket rolling rockers and pushrods that are available as a kit. They get more lift out of the valves which apparently helps quite a bit.